The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee track2
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Addict

Apogee track2

Ok, we are looking into the apogee track 2. So I wanted to see what my fello slutz think about it. Anyone checked it out? How is this piece? How are the pres on it? Thanx in advanced.
peace
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Addict

anyone????
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Track is really good. It's just a bit overpriced IMO. The pre's are good, and clean. Nice for tracking synths/keys/MPC, and DI stuff. Of course the converters are great. I think it has been discontinued though.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

I've got the Mini me. The same design team that made the track2 designed the pres in the Mini Me, so I read somewhere. I gotta say, I love this thing. I looked at it as steping up 3 areas. Better clock, better converters , and 2 more high end pres. It's come through on all 3 counts, in spades. I don't know what you 're clocking with now, but on my system that alone was (almost) worth the price.

The M Me pres are very quiet, as in no noise at all I can hear. Uncolored, open, present, detailed. On a nice source, very beautiful and musical. Tracks stack well, being more neutral. As tracks are recorded through it , and other pre's through its converters, songs are taking on a new depth and dimension. Fast , foward and alive is what Joe Chiccarelli is saying in his advertistment, if that means pretty damn sweet, I'll agree.

The track 2 is pricey and I don't know all it's features, but I'd say you would like the pres, they're said to be better than the mm's.
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Nut

The pre's are superclean with tons of gain. Not colored at all. I was fortunate enough to get one totally loaded with the additional 8 D/A board. Nearly everything, coming and going, goes through mine. I'm waiting for MIDI Quest (or similiar) to add support for remotely programming it as navigating it's pages is a bit of a drag. They've got an OS-9 app for this on the Apogee site but I'm strickly an OS-X guy.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear
trak2 has very good high gain pres -- sound is what you'd expect from apogee. only goes up to 96kHz though. AFAIK there are no plans for a 192 upgrade.
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Nut

I love my Trak2. The mic pre's are absolutely stunning. They can be found pretty inexpensively these days if you look around.
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

I like mine too.. you have to hear it with big ben!!! forgetabout it! A whole new world and then some!
Old 26th July 2005
Max
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael
Track is really good. It's just a bit overpriced IMO. The pre's are good, and clean. Nice for tracking synths/keys/MPC, and DI stuff. Of course the converters are great. I think it has been discontinued though.
FYI, We do still have the Trak2 and we have been able to bring the price down some in the last year. See your dealer for details.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search