The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tracking into Pro Tools from an MPC 2000xl
Old 20th July 2005
Here for the gear

Tracking into Pro Tools from an MPC 2000xl

This may be a stupid question, but since I've got the 2000xl (upgraded from the 60 II), I forget almost everything, not to mention, its a whole different ball game. I'm trying to track beats into my pro tools session, but I go to solo the track and hit record & play and it just erases that track. My question is how can I get the metronome ticks to stop after 1 bar so that i can track in my kicks/snares/etc...

And I don't use MIDI...I'm completely lost. Please if anyones got any advice, help me out.
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

the only stupid question is the one the needs to be asked and isn't.

These should help u out. save the links to "MY Favorites"

http://www.mpc2000xl.com/
http://www.mpc-forums.com/
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Maniac

u stop the metronome on the main page where it says "count" place ur cursor there and give the wheel a spin till its off. to record since u don t use mmc or mtc all u have to do is press play while PT is recording. I advise u to use the mmc which will make everything easier(synch, tempo...). midi synch (MMC or MTC) can be tricky but it is worth the effort once u have it down. hope this helps

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search