The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
lexicon prime time 93 ver. lexicon prime time II 95
Old 19th July 2005
Here for the gear

lexicon prime time 93 ver. lexicon prime time II 95

hi,
dose anyone know the difference between these two units?
is one more desirable?
thanks.
Old 19th July 2005
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
hi,
dose anyone know the difference between these two units?
is one more desirable?
thanks.
I have both. The 95 is my fav delay unit and is a completely different beast from the 93, even though at first sight they look like they have similar controls. The 95 has a much cleaner delay, depending on the optional memory up to 3 seconds (I think). As far as I can remember the 93 only goes to 256 or 512 ms. The 93 is extremely useful for flanging or chorusing. It doesn't have a lot of high end and that seems to make it sound great on guitars. My 93 needs some TLC, so I haven't used it in a while, but the 95 gets used on every project, mainly for lead vocal and solo guitar delay. It can also do some very cool tricks with doubling for vocals.

If you can find a working 95 for a decent price, buy it or let me know where to buy it
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Michael, I been trying off and on to find one of these ever since I was at Wireworld over a year ago. I want one bad...
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

I have both as well... got my 93 in 1980 right after I had a conversation with pat Metheny and he was raving about it... I think it is still one of the great delay boxes of all time....and a fantastic bass chorus... the 95 is everything michael said above love it for vocals.. both great units

cheers
SP
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

How does the Super Prime Time compare to those units?
Sean
Old 20th July 2005
High End Moderator

Tried the SuperPrimeTime but I didn't like the sound as much as the 95, sounded too "digital" heh heh heh
Old 20th July 2005
Here for the gear

wow,
amazing info thanks.
dov
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

funny, I tend to use my 93 on guitars also, I especially like when the bandwidth drops at longer delay times, kinda like a analog digital thing. at the longest setting it kind of sounds like a speak N spell.
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Where are the best places to pick up a model 93 Lexicon Prime Time used?

I have been hunting Ebay for one for months with absolutely zero luck.

What is reliability like? Are they lots of components inside these which are no longer available or are most of the guts repairable?

Cheers!
Old 24th October 2010
Gear Nut

Hi I posted in another thread but thought I might try and dig up this old one to see if anyone can help. I just got a Prime Time 93. When I run a signal through it there appears to be a 10db drop. I am not getting a nice strong signal back into pro tools. I am running a signal (tone) into the main input and then delays A and B direct out. All sliders on prime time are at 90%(100% gives me some distortion). The bus send is at unity gain. Is this drop in volume normal or do you normally get the same strength signal coming back in? thanks
Old 24th October 2010
Lives for gear

The DIRECT A and B out on the 93 is an UNBALANCED 1/4" plug.

The main in and out are balanced.

That could be it.
Old 5th January 2012
Here for the gear

I am about to post our studio's Prime Time II on ebay. Still in great working condition. Please email if interested
Old 2nd June 2012
Lives for gear

Does anyone have the PrimTime II Schematics .......(I have the manual) and if so could you please PM me
Cheers
TLB.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search