The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anybody using Shadow Hills MC on the Mix? Digital Converters
Old 24th March 2009
Lives for gear

Anybody using Shadow Hills MC on the Mix?

i havn't had mine for long but really love what it does to the mix. i've found that lower ratios 1.2 to 1 or 2 to 1 work best for me. slowish attack fast release on the discrete with the sidechain in. usually nickel or iron. meter barely moving. maybe a db or so of gr.

also loving the opto on vox!

how are you guys setting yours up for different things?
Old 25th March 2009
Lives for gear

Yep, mine's on the master buss' insert. It works best in minute amounts and I haven't heavily comp/limited anything so far..... And I also really like having different transformers as well...

I'm thinking of moving it over to channel compression though since I like what the STC8 does a bit better... Don't ask me why cuz I really can't say except that the results are more to my liking or perhaps I like having a complete Cranesong process from console to tape (SSL>STC8>HEDD192>PTHD)..? heh
Old 25th March 2009
Lives for gear

cool! i love the crane song stuff too. i have the ibis, stc8, and hedd 192. i honestly haven't used the stc8 in a while.

any other shadow hills users wanna share some secrets? heh
Old 10th April 2009
I use mine on the mix almost exclusively. Slow attack, fast release, 2:1 compression, meters moving just a bit. I love it.

Also sounds amazing on room mics. The opto/discrete compression working together really makes a room sound huge.

shawn
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search