The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AD/DA Converters
Old 16th July 2005
Here for the gear

AD/DA Converters

Hi There:

Has anybody heard or compared the Benchmark DAC, GraceDesign M902, or UAD 2192. Put another way...if you were going to use one of these devices for monitoring...which one would yield the best over all sound.

Thanks

Charlie
Old 16th July 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharles
Hi There:

Has anybody heard or compared the Benchmark DAC, GraceDesign M902, or UAD 2192. Put another way...if you were going to use one of these devices for monitoring...which one would yield the best over all sound.

Thanks

Charlie
the grace, mytek, benchmark and lavry blue are all very, very good ... A/B them or just throw a dart and see if its a fit for you.

i havn't heard the UA ... ears i respect rave about it for AD, yet it's more of a slight color thing than a reference DA (it seems, again, no experiece there)

have fun
Old 17th July 2005
Old 17th July 2005
Got the Benchmark and love it. It also has great features like the headphone amp for two sets of phones. I am ordering the UA on MOnday and will be able to compare the two by the end of the weeek hopefully.
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

Benchmark is proven high sonic quality DAC.

GYang
Old 18th July 2005
Here for the gear

Hi There:

Thanks for all the kindness and thoughful replies.

Dudleys100, I am really interested in what every comments you may have at the end of the week. I think you should be in a position to provide some really fine commentary on the two units you will own. Thank you!

Best Regards

Charles
Old 18th July 2005
no prob. I will post my findings.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search