The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
my new Genelec 8040
Old 16th July 2005
Here for the gear

my new Genelec 8040

Today I got my new Genelec 8040.

when you here them first , you have to adjust the Desktop control , Bass roll off , Bass tilt ( I didnt touch the treble tilt) control .
it is very important , because if you dont do that you might think that they dont sound ok , but it is the room fault.

I'm very happy , I can hear new detailes on my mixes & reference songs ( I even heard a chair moving in one of my reference C.D.'s lol)

Tell you the truth , in the begening before I adjust the tilt & roll of control I had too
much Bass & the trable & mid's wasnt cutting like it should, but as soon that I adjust , the problem disapeared & it sound just great.

poor mixing will suck big time on this speakers.

This speakers are super & I listened 5 hrs of music on them today & I feel still fresh (on my Tannoy & jbl my ears were going to be tired).

They play Jazz , rock , funk a what ever you trow on them .

The bass sounded nice & detailed , I really was surprised how much bass this little thing have.
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Nut

Yes, these are very good speakers. They actually improved on their past design. The new design extends the low bass and imaging is MUCH improved.

It's like a scientist having a better microscope...

Audy O
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

When I heard them at AES I had to leave the room if I would sayed longer I would have had to chew my arm off to keep myself from buying them.
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Addict

Isn´t there anyone, who hate these things ?? I´m also thinking of a speaker upgrade and I can´t make a decision purely on positive opinions heh
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

I have 8030's with a 7050 sub, calibrated to my room by Genelec. I'm also very, very happy. You should not judge the 8000-series based on your experiences with 1030-series genelecs. These are completely new and different.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search