The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bel bd 2400 Consoles
Old 19th March 2009

Bel bd 2400

Hi guys

has anyone used one of these ? bel bd 2400 , are theya ny good for organic warm delays and echo ? and hidden secrets to this box , it seems nearly impossible to find details on them.

cheers

matt
Old 19th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by prism View Post
Hi guys

has anyone used one of these ? bel bd 2400 , are theya ny good for organic warm delays and echo ? and hidden secrets to this box , it seems nearly impossible to find details on them.

cheers

matt
I've got one (actually it'll be for sale as soon as I clean it up because...) I also have the BD-80 and BDE-3200.

Cool things about the 2400 and 3200 are the ability to capture a sample, reverse it, halve the resolution (press the x2 button) and generally muck it up all in realtime.

There is a remote available that has most (all?) of the front panel buttons (but no display) but I never use it because the box is so easy to work with directly.

I love all the Bel delay boxes; the BD-80 is especially musical sounding, but the 2400 and 3200 are great too (and they have a much longer sample time than the -80 which typically comes with 2 seconds installed and 8 seconds max).

Any of them are worth picking up if you need a delay.
Old 20th March 2009

cheer for the info , ive grabbed it as it was pretty cheap just to check it out - looks coo , hasnt arrived yet ......the guy selling it says it has 24 seconds of delay / sampling...sounds like it might be fun on spaced out music - i'm guessing it cant reverse in realtime as you play and must be ' captured ' first.Not sure it has a manual ......... and bel dont seem to have the manual online for this one.Is the bd80s radically different in tone ? i think the guy selling this said it used bels highest 18bit chips or something so maybe its a little cleaner .

Cool things about the 2400 and 3200 are the ability to capture a sample, reverse it, halve the resolution (press the x2 button) and generally muck it up all in realtime.

There is a remote available that has most (all?) of the front panel buttons (but no display) but I never use it because the box is so easy to work with directly.

I love all the Bel delay boxes; the BD-80 is especially musical sounding, but the 2400 and 3200 are great too (and they have a much longer sample time than the -80 which typically comes with 2 seconds installed and 8 seconds max).

Any of them are worth picking up if you need a delay.[/quote]
Old 20th March 2009
Lives for gear

yes - you have to capture it first then reverse it. Also yes - 24 seconds of delay; should be enough for most things.

Let me dig through my filing cabinets. I believe I have owners and service manual for the BD 2400/3200. I'll PM you what I find.
Old 28th February 2014
Here for the gear

Hi oldgearguy,

oldthreadguy here (ha!), are you still around? I am considering one of these units (Bel 2400) and would really appreciate the manuals if you still have them. I found a link to the file on your website but the link is dead ...

Thanks,
Dan
Old 4th March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
thx a lot for this!

do you eventually got schematics for this? i accidently bought one a couple of years back - but complete internal power supply and some of the circuitry is missing...
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear

I never tracked down full schematics and eventually the Bels got sold/traded as I shrunk down my gear footprint.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search