The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
OT: Anyone have a studio in Marin County, CA for hire?
Old 15th July 2005
Gear Addict

OT: Anyone have a studio in Marin County, CA for hire?

Hopefully this is the right forum for this...

I'm looking to get a friend a gift of studio time for a couple to a few of his songs as a birthday gift. He and the members of his band are in Marin County, CA. This will be funded by a number of people contributing to his birthday fund.

If you're interested, please let me know your rates, an idea about the kind of equipment you have, services you offer, your experience, and most of all if you have a studio (please describe) where you can do a full live band recording (keyboards, 3-4 vox, drums, bass, guitar, possibly congas and 1 horn). Music is jazz-influenced pop/blues. Band members are very seasoned, professional players, and responsible old farts like me (mid 40's - late 50's).

PM me if you like. Also, let me know if you know of someone you recommend in Marin if you're not located there.

Thanks,
Old 16th July 2005
member no 666

If you can get into Alpha & Omega you'll be in for a real treat... it's Sandy Pearlman's joint and I'm not sure if he's booking time for outside projects or not... but the product that comes out of there is amazing.

I have a copy of the "Space Team Electra" album that was done there and I swear it's the coolest sounding recording I've heard in ages.
Old 16th July 2005
Gear Addict

Thanks, guys.

We'll look into Alpha & Omega. The others such as the Record Plant are out of the price range we're looking for. As this will be a "vanity" recording and likely not shopped or marketed, I'm hoping to bring a little business to a project studio on one of the BBS's I frequent.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search