The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vintech 473 Vs API 3124
Old 15th July 2005
Lives for gear

Vintech 473 Vs API 3124

Hi....
I can get a good Deal on a Vintech Preamp 473. ( i'm recording drums ,pop and rock mostly) , so i was wonder if there a big difference between the API 3124 and the Vintech 473. or should i get the API 3124, i guess both are great Pre......i know that the API is great for drums, but is the Vintech is as good ????????

Any input will be appreciate

Thank you
Old 15th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone
Hi....
I can get a good Deal on a Vintech Preamp 473. ( i'm recording drums ,pop and rock mostly) , so i was wonder if there a big difference between the API 3124 and the Vintech 473. or should i get the API 3124, i guess both are great Pre......i know that the API is great for drums, but is the Vintech is as good ????????

Any input will be appreciate

Thank you

Errrrrrr.... apples and pairs really right. 473 is a Neve clone based on the 1073 and the API 3124 is.... well...... an API.

I have a 473 and 7 A12s from Seventh Circle Audio (which I HIGHLY recommend) but I have not had a chance to record drums with the A12's yet. I will say that in just simple listening tests I like the A12's better than the 473 but the important thing to note from that is the part where I said I like the A12's better, you may not.

I like steak over chicken but I still love chicken, you might not like either. Sorry I know that is not much help.
Old 15th July 2005
Lives for gear

They're both money[boxes, the API is faster, the Vintech sounds a little bit "bigger", and it has the EQ which is quite lovely. I like the knobs on the 473 more if that counts????

The 12k can get really addictive!

Do you "need" EQ on your pre?

If you buy the 473 at the right price you would lose little if anything if you ever need to resell - thats always a factor IMO.

Beats the **** out of rental.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search