The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information
Old 5th June 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
I recently picked up a Telefunken unit from around 1967 with various bits in it (mic amp, v612 eq, VU) plus a mic pre numbered v610, and another v611 with two inputs/sliders. I haven't wired it up yet, because I'm useless at that sort of thing and my tape machine is at the doctors, but anyone know anything about these things? I paid about £450 for the whole thing ($900 approx.)
Sounds like an old Eela (type of mixer) module. Don't know the specifics of this, you might ask Capstan Cappy, he and his dad have seen a bit more of these than I did.
I think it only needs a single 24V power rail, but I could be wrong about that.
Did you get the schematics?
Old 5th June 2007
Lives for gear

I have 4 U373a strips and 6 channel strips from a TAB desk which have V672 pre's, W395 eq´s and a simple limiter per channel.
Also a pair of Teldec (telefunken/decca) passive EQ's. All fab stuff.
As for racking, there are 3 or 4 german companies racking them as mentioned earlier
Old 5th June 2007
0VU
Gear Addict

I have a pair of V776 (4 chan mic pres) racked up in a 2U box with (switchable) Lundahl transformers.

And another 2U rack box with one V776 and a hole waiting for another one. It's only been waiting for about five years now - I live in hope
Old 5th June 2007
Gear Nut

i have 3 filtek mk3 eqs, 2 soundcraft mk3 eqs (same as filtek mk3), 2 philips eqs, 1 telefunken v676b pre amp and 1 tab w390 active stereofader (not tested yet).

the filtek and soundcraft eqs are great! i need more heh
i use them all the time!

i also have one t&s w395b which looks almost the same as the filteks and is pin compatible but the sound is not on the same level like the mk3 and the high and low cuts have no switch so they are always on..... (wtf?)
perhaps i can add external switches to it but i have no schematics for it right now.

i only racked the 2 filteks, the other stuff is connected but sits naked in my rack (i´m too lazy lol), it´s really easy to rack and connect them, i use a cheap external powersupply like vintagecity and it works perfect, no problems or noise at all.

prices have gone up since the last years but you can still find good deals on ebay!
Old 5th June 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assistant View Post
i have 3 filtek mk3 eqs, 2 soundcraft mk3 eqs (same as filtek mk3), 2 philips eqs, 1 telefunken v676b pre amp and 1 tab w390 active stereofader (not tested yet).

the filtek and soundcraft eqs are great! i need more heh
i use them all the time!

i also have one t&s w395b which looks almost the same as the filteks and is pin compatible but the sound is not on the same level like the mk3 and the high and low cuts have no switch so they are always on..... (wtf?)
perhaps i can add external switches to it but i have no schematics for it right now.

i only racked the 2 filteks, the other stuff is connected but sits naked in my rack (i´m too lazy lol), it´s really easy to rack and connect them, i use a cheap external powersupply like vintagecity and it works perfect, no problems or noise at all.

prices have gone up since the last years but you can still find good deals on ebay!
haha that is funny. I found those soundcraft too. made in Biel, Schweiz thumbsup
opened a pair filteks and these soundcraft labelled ones, and they don't differ much.
another secret gone LOL
also love these MK3d - the lighter colored version
how are the capacitors in your soundcraft? mine were needing replacement.
and yes
my NTP fliters are also always on. LOL
lowpass AND highpass - yes or yes
I think they're all great.

crappy picture, the second one is a funny insect sleeping in an empty rack.
Attached Thumbnails
German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information-picture-8.jpg   German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information-picture-9.jpg  
Old 7th June 2007
Gear Addict

There is another version of BFE/Filtek/Soundcraft: Stephan Sulke ZDF modules

Recky, racking these (fabulous) eq cassettes is very easy.
Make sure you get the connectors with them although the mentioned companys sell them too. You can also change some models to SUB-D buts thats a PITA.

I have W695,W695b,W295b,W696B racked all by myself.
Got me some 19" housing for about 10-20 Eur, some connectors, a psu for all of them and the front and backpanels were made by schaeffer ag. (KID broadcast and Fischer Elektronik? make panels and even whole racks too)
The pres are a tad more difficult with phantom power, gain switches etc.

But theyre worth it

Me love the vintage german modules
Old 7th June 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by okailla View Post
There is another version of BFE/Filtek/Soundcraft: Stephan Sulke ZDF modules
yes, labelled soundcraft on the front. that's what I mean. nearly identical to Filtek labelled. (MK3)

I'd like to hear more about this. Speculation? Was Stephan Sulke the person doing filtek? Or is it a special version for his specification? I cannot find any information about this..

still, they rock heh
Old 17th June 2007
Gear Nut

V276 for sale

I have some V276 up for sale if interested - see the 2nd hand section. On eBay at the moment. If you're anywhere near London you're welcome to try them out.

I racked a pair with 48V, polarity reversal, -20dB pad and linear powersupply. It was a fun project but I'm selling them for a loss considering the amount of time and money I put into them.
Old 18th June 2007
Gear Maniac

has anybody heard of or have any EAB stuff? i got a couple of channel strips off of what seems to be a late 60's or early 70's EAB board with a mic pre and limiter all in one. unfortunately for me, i have no schematics or wiring harnesses for them. i tried e-mailing oliver about them a couple times and never heard anything back from him. can anyone recommend maybe a german place that might know something about these modules?

btw, i have a V672 and love it. also have a pair of passive eckmiller filters that are great. got a couple of siemens amps that i intend to rack up one day...
Old 18th June 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcoral View Post
has anybody heard of or have any EAB stuff? i got a couple of channel strips off of what seems to be a late 60's or early 70's EAB board with a mic pre and limiter all in one. unfortunately for me, i have no schematics or wiring harnesses for them. i tried e-mailing oliver about them a couple times and never heard anything back from him. can anyone recommend maybe a german place that might know something about these modules?

btw, i have a V672 and love it. also have a pair of passive eckmiller filters that are great. got a couple of siemens amps that i intend to rack up one day...
ask Capstan cappy for the EAB thumbsup, or these ppl.:
http://www.funkstunde.com/de/technik...mentation.html
Old 18th June 2007
Lives for gear

I had an EAB 6 channel valve desk. I liked it, but still sold it..
Old 18th June 2007
Gear Maniac

I have ANT modular mixer, I haven´t tried it yet because the power supply is missing. Hopefully I have soon enough money to have one built...

ANT mikseri - a photoset on Flickr
Old 18th June 2007
Gear Addict

I just ran across some sort of mixing board in a berlin pawn shop. it consists of two pieces that belong together, but a connector on the front plate is missing.

the left part has something which looks like 6 pre-amps modules, the right part has two more 'preamp's' and some sort of center section and a module with stereo fader on the rightmost side.

it is build like a tank and obviously coming from a radio station. build year is 1978 and I believe it was made by veb karl marx stadt.

lots of knobs are missing and not much information on it. here are some crappy pics (camphone).

modules are labeled FE 635.31 and ST 625.32.

there are also some gigantic 'bandabspielmaschinen' of the size of a washing machine in the same shop.

anybody infos on these?!
Attached Thumbnails
German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information-veb1.jpg   German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information-veb2.jpg  
Old 19th June 2007
Gear Addict

went back today. guy wants 150 euros. seems a good deal. however - I am not sure what this actually is. seems like it is coming from a flim-dubbbing studio.

contrary to what I stated in the post before the two modules in the right part of the console there are two parametric eq's with 2 bands.

all modules can be pulled out after loosing one screw at the back. no leaking caps and only one piece that was loose in the desk. all discrete and free wiring. no tubes, no ic's. the faders are the most solid thing I have ever seen.

not sure if I should pull trigger on this. I live in the usa and am here for vacation. could become a major hassle getting this over the pond.

he also told me that three big mikes with power supplies came with it. he sold em to a chinese guy for 400 all together last week...
Old 8th May 2009
Here for the gear

schematics tab w390

hi all,
i am just getting in to this german stuff. starting to build a german rack. does anyone have a pinout or schematics of the tab w390? i cannot find it. not even on this awesome site:

Vintage german modules (Neumann, Siemens, TAB, IRT, Lawo, ANT, Eckmiller, Adis, Monitora and Telefunken modules and Braunbuch scans)

hope someone can help me out,
jan schenk
Old 8th May 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanS View Post
does anyone have a pinout or schematics of the tab w390?
i need that info too...
Old 8th May 2009
I have a couple of W690 (Telefunken) still in the original frame
I'll make a picture of the wiring whenever I can
might take a day or two...
Old 9th May 2009
Gear Maniac

Hello ! i am also interested in the pinouts, and also schematics of the tele w690 if possible.

thanksss

Patricio
Old 30th May 2009
Gear Maniac

Bump on the W690 stereo PINOUT
Old 30th May 2009
Here for the gear

here´s a german description and pinout for W690 and W690St-D.

Does anyone know the difference between W390 and W690 except that the W390 was made by TAB and the W690 by Telefunken?

Best regards,
Tobias
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Telefunken-W690.pdf (289.5 KB, 850 views) File Type: pdf Telefunken-W690St-D.pdf (267.3 KB, 885 views)
Old 30th May 2009
Gear Maniac

i got no further info on the W690 vs W390.

Thanks for the pinoutss !!!!!!!!

a lot!!

Patricio
Old 31st May 2009
W690

thanks for the pinout of the W690
below some crappy pictures (redundant now LOL)
Attached Thumbnails
German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information-picture-9.jpg   German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information-picture-10.jpg   German Solid-State Broadcast Modules - Gathering Information-picture-11.jpg  

Last edited by Reptil; 31st May 2009 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: --
Old 17th February 2011
Here for the gear

Hi there. Anybody got any idea about the fair price for bfe/filtek MV1 and the MkII EQ? I've been looking around but wht I could find were mostly racked pairs for a couple of hundred euros. Thanks a lot.
Old 17th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall1 View Post
I wonder what's next. Chinese or Russian consoles going to be "discovered" for their "vintage warmth" and, dare I say, "personality?"
Ummmm, there is a Russian seller who has vintage LOMO modules, both tube and solid state and if I had the cash I would be picking up a few...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search