The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Inward connections Mix690 Vs Dangerous 2 bus Vs Maselec-STM-822
Old 13th March 2009
Gear Head

Inward connections Mix690 Vs Dangerous 2 bus Vs Maselec-STM-822

Hello. Inward connections Mix690 Vs Dangerous 2 bus Vs Maselec-STM-822 ........Which one would you guys suggest for doing some pop music? Any one own these and make any comparison? I actually have listened to the samples on vintageking and I really love Inward connections...I just wonder what Dangerous and Prism would sound like....do you have any links or samples?
Thanks
Old 14th March 2009
Lives for gear

I use a dangerous 2-bus for pop/rock/jazz music. It's very transparent. It doesn't seem to impart any "color" on the mix like I imagine the Inward or Chandler might. But you can tell it's there. I find that it certainly widens the stereo field and increases the depth of the mix. If you listen the same mix through the 2-bus vs. ITB summing, it's often night and day. If that's all you're looking for, you'll love it.

That said, in retrospect, I wish I had demoed a few more summing boxes.

However, if I might add, don't take this as a broad comment about the Dangerous gear in general. The MQ is the best meter I've ever used (the cue mixer sounds great as well) and the Monitor is scary good. And Chris is a super-nice guy.

-Adam
Old 14th March 2009
Gear Head

thanks Adam

Thanks Adam. It is really a tough job to decide which one i should buy. So at least now I know Dangerous 2 bus worth the money at least. on those vintageking testimonials, Robert Carranza said "The 2-BUS sounds so open and yet it's so tight on the bottom." Tight bottom could be good for me.

Who has tried the other two? Please give me some advice...
Old 15th March 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloan View Post
Tight bottom could be good for me.
lol

narco
Old 14th December 2009
Lives for gear

I got a mix 690 and 2bus. I prefer the 2bus because its more transparent. I like to start with transparent mixer first. Then if I want to add color, and can with a bus comp, or whatever.

They are both great. But 2bus works for me more so. And I love what it does to the mix.
Old 14th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by azirkin View Post
I use a dangerous 2-bus for pop/rock/jazz music. It's very transparent. It doesn't seem to impart any "color" on the mix like I imagine the Inward or Chandler might. But you can tell it's there. I find that it certainly widens the stereo field and increases the depth of the mix. If you listen the same mix through the 2-bus vs. ITB summing, it's often night and day. If that's all you're looking for, you'll love it.
-Adam
+1 I heard samples of others and agree it was a tough choice to commit. I also do pop/rock - I'm very happy I chose the 2 Bus.
Old 17th December 2014
Gear Addict

Hump!
Anyone tried the Maselec stm-822 ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search