The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha SREV1 SOFTWARE IRSampler IREdit Needed Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
View Poll Results: Do You have an Srev1
Yes
7 Votes - 70.00%
No
3 Votes - 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th March 2009
Here for the gear

Yamaha SREV1 SOFTWARE IRSampler IREdit Needed

Does anyone have a copy of this I can download?

Thanks

db
Old 30th October 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbiker View Post

Does anyone have a copy of this I can download?

Thanks

db
yes, you can contact me. It was included within the original SREV-1 package.
Old 30th October 2010
theother
I have it too if you still need it...

Does any of you guys have the pinout for the serial cable you need when sampling?

I once made a cable but lost the info and gave the cable away with my first SREV1. I know it took me a while to get it right!
Now I have another SREV with no cable...
Old 30th October 2010
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Does any of you guys have the pinout for the serial cable you need when sampling?
You need a DB9F to 8 pin mini DIN cable to connect to a PC. They are still available. Sorry - no pinout.
Old 31st October 2010
theother
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkf View Post
You need a DB9F to 8 pin mini DIN cable to connect to a PC. They are still available. Sorry - no pinout.
Are you saying you bought a ready made cable? I was looking and couldn't find one...

let me check again...
Old 31st October 2010
theother
I found a cable from Canon. Hope it works...
Old 31st October 2010
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Are you saying you bought a ready made cable?
Yes, I used a ready made cable. It's a short 10 cm long adapter cable which I lengthen then with the usual serial (RS232) cables that fit into a serial port of a PC. I can upload a photo if necessary.
Old 21st March 2012
Here for the gear

SREV-1 Pinout

So, after I really tried a long time to get it working, here´s the Pinout for the serial cable PC to SREV that works for updating. Don´t know why this worked, don´t know why I tried this one, but finally I got it updated. So now let´s check out all the different verbs.
Yamaha SREV1 SOFTWARE IRSampler IREdit Needed-cable-serial.jpg
Old 21st March 2012
Lives for gear

very cool,I bought this reverb and didnt try to sample with it yet but did buy a cable already made up so perhaps it wont work? haha

Thanks for posting this info!!You rock!!

Did you ever see the disc set that has some top end lexicons and tc6000 and roland 880 all in one set?There was a guy selling them on ebay but he stopped. I think he's in germany?

I should try to sample my emt 140 now!!! I also have an Ursa Major stargate reverb which is one of my all time favs that I can sample!!

Maybe we can trade some samples sometime?

Old 6th August 2017
Lives for gear

Does anyone have the additional two IR CDs ("small spaces" and "big spaces", if I understood correctly), or other CDs with IRs?

And what exactly do you need the cable for? (Maybe this question will answer itself once I have the unit and the manual.)

I will probably have an SREV1 soon, including the sampling software and the one CD that came with it. I might start sampling my other reverbs if I find the time.
Old 6th August 2017
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi View Post
Does anyone have the additional two IR CDs ("small spaces" and "big spaces", if I understood correctly), or other CDs with IRs?

And what exactly do you need the cable for? (Maybe this question will answer itself once I have the unit and the manual.)

I will probably have an SREV1 soon, including the sampling software and the one CD that came with it. I might start sampling my other reverbs if I find the time.
I have the two additional disks, as bought originals - they are copyrighted. The cabe is a serial port cable for the sampling software running on Win XP controlling the SREV1 during sampling.
Old 7th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have the two additional disks, as bought originals - they are copyrighted. The cabe is a serial port cable for the sampling software running on Win XP controlling the SREV1 during sampling.
Thank you!

Does that mean that the CDs are copy protected, i.e. can't be copied?
Old 7th August 2017
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi View Post
Thank you!

Does that mean that the CDs are copy protected, i.e. can't be copied?
I don't know.
Old 28th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have the two additional disks, as bought originals.
Hi nfk,

would you be willing to copy them for me, if possible? I will gladly pay you something for your work.

Thank you, all the best,
Rumi (in Switzerland, and with a postal box in Germany)
Old 28th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisdreamer View Post
very cool,I bought this reverb and didnt try to sample with it yet but did buy a cable already made up so perhaps it wont work? haha

Thanks for posting this info!!You rock!!

Did you ever see the disc set that has some top end lexicons and tc6000 and roland 880 all in one set?There was a guy selling them on ebay but he stopped. I think he's in germany?

I should try to sample my emt 140 now!!! I also have an Ursa Major stargate reverb which is one of my all time favs that I can sample!!

Maybe we can trade some samples sometime?

The CD with some Lexicons, TC 6000 etc. is available on ebay again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search