The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dolby XP Rack help Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 6th March 2009
Gear Nut

Dolby XP Rack help

I purchased an XP rack, Dolby A, on eBay. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a manual. I'm looking for a power supply, or possibly to build a psu. Anyone know the voltages? Are there schematics hiding out somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Old 6th March 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_mavro View Post
I purchased an XP rack, Dolby A, on eBay. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a manual. I'm looking for a power supply, or possibly to build a psu. Anyone know the voltages? Are there schematics hiding out somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Try Dolby - Surround Sound - Audio & Video Entertainment Technology . . .
Old 6th March 2009
Gear Nut

I tried emailing them. They don't reply. This thing is over 20 years old. I'm hoping someone out there might have an extra manual, or might have files.

I may be looking in the wrong forum- I'm guessing it'll take awhile before I have any takers for my request- it's not as fun a topic as, "let's talk about the neumann u47 for the millionth time."
Old 6th March 2009
MsM
Gear Nut

Maybe try ebay for the manual also?
Old 6th March 2009
Gear Nut

It's all I can do. That raises another issue- something that came up at a recent session. We couldn't find a manual for the H-3000. We were in the heat of a mix. It would be nice if the manufacturers had all lit available online. Urei does, and when a sidechain is acting funny, it's great to be able to go online and find a manual and schematic. I think it behooves manufacturers of pro gear to help us out in this way. Time is money, and frustration eats away the hours that we can work effectively. It's true that every studio should have documentation handy, but there's situations that arise, such as when a dance or hip hop guy brings in a piece of gear that contains his beats, but he has no idea how to sync the thing or separate elements. I could think of a dozen more scenarios.... Sorry, this is way off topic.
Old 6th March 2009
jhg
Lives for gear

hey,

Because I'm in a good mood and it's Friday and all...

I just discovered one potential reason why they're isn't a depository for manuals, it's a pain to scan them and stuff.

These are the pages in the manual that mention the pSu. Oh, not to be an ass, but, with ebay, you get what you pay for. For more money, you could buy a tested working unit with a power supply and manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Dolby XP Rack help-xp-rack-psu.jpg   Dolby XP Rack help-xp-rack-psu1.jpg  
Old 12th March 2009
Gear Nut

you are a golden god! thanks much for this.

i realize that i could have/should have waited. i've got an itchy trigger finger, plus i love to complicate my life with impossible **** like getting a dolby "a" rack together for a tape machine that is impossible to get parts for.
Old 12th March 2009
jhg
Lives for gear

End of life

I just got a letter about end of life Dolby products, the XP rack is on the EOL list, repair service won't be available after April 30th, if you need this rack serviced, contact Dolby sooner than later...

Regards,

jhg
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Head

I know is an old thread but here's some info just in case:
http://www.waltzingbear.com/Schemati...l_sect_2-6.pdf

Last edited by pampa; 23rd December 2010 at 04:29 PM..
Old 25th May 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhg View Post
I just got a letter about end of life Dolby products, the XP rack is on the EOL list, repair service won't be available after April 30th, if you need this rack serviced, contact Dolby sooner than later...

Regards,

jhg
o thx i lost the page with the power sup.
Old 25th May 2018
I have a XP24 rack here for sale sans power supply. It's fitted with 23 cards and a blank for channel 24 (time code uses). It has all Dolby type A cards fitted. It cost $24,000 new.

$400 and it's your's.
Audio Upgrades

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search