The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Nuendo 2.0 Question
Old 10th July 2005
Lives for gear

Nuendo 2.0 Question

I'm working with another producer who had tracked a session using Nuendo 2.0. I currently have a PT HD2 Accel system without the Digitranslator ($500 option )

So he exported the .wav files as zero point so I could create a new session and import them.

However, I couldn't import them into the session and after further questioning he said that the files were 48K/32 bit.

In PT I'm able to import 16 or 24 bit files only. Could this be the reason I couldn't bring the files into the session?

Thanks guys,
Rob
Old 10th July 2005
Gear Addict

you can export to OMF in Nuendo 2. protools should be abble to read that. from my undestanding you anly need digitranslation to export OMF not import it.

by the way, the 32bit file might just be the problem
Old 10th July 2005
Lives for gear

Yeah, the 32-bit floating-point format is the issue. You either gotta get Digitranslator or get him to re-export as 24-bit files.
Old 10th July 2005
Lives for gear

Perfect guys thanks, that's what I thought.

I don't get much Nuendo work so I don't think I'll drop the $500 for the Digitranslator unless I get a really large session.

He's going to export the .wav files as zero point 24 bit files and we're going to try it again on Monday.

Rob

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search