The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
High End Producers - PETITION!!!!
Old 8th July 2005
  #1
Here for the gear
 
Beat_Bangaz's Avatar
 

High End Producers - PETITION!!!!

I recently asked how to multi-track and I descovered that the only way to do it was the way I was already doing it. SUCKS!!!!!!!! I hate having to do multi-takes off the keyboard tracks.... so here's what i propose....

I want to start a petition. In this petition it would ask Korg, Yamaha, Roland and other companies to begin offering A NEW OPTION. This option would be a NEW EXPANSION CARD that would be DIGITAL (adat / fiber optic pipe). This New Card would allow serious producers to DROP 8 Tracks of REAL AUDIO (screw midi) at once. Just imagine the time you just saved seeing how most of us use 8 on the mpc (sometimes more) and use maybe a max of 5 or 6 on the triton (or whatever you use.) LOOK THE TECHNOLOGY IS THERE --- USE IT! I am aware of the yamaha mLAN option - I am talking something different.

If I started a petition would you sign it? would you be willing to shell out an extra $600 dollars on your new keyboard knowing that it would pay for itself in time and energy - and if you are selling your work to major labels or what not. Then it would pay for itself quick.

Let me know.
Old 8th July 2005
  #2
Lives for gear
 
joaquin's Avatar
 

My Korg Triton has the option for an ADAT light pipe output for 6 individual simultaneous digital audio channels...been out for a while
Old 8th July 2005
  #3
Here for the gear
 
Beat_Bangaz's Avatar
 

lol... I know about 4 outs 2 aux - screw assigning them... I didn't know about the adat feature... lol... hmmmm maybe I have been too bizzy behind the boards and don't have the same amount of time on my hands as some people that stay on the internet or in magazines all day... so what other keyboards or racks offer it that I don't know about?
Old 8th July 2005
  #4
Here for the gear
 
Beat_Bangaz's Avatar
 

no not intended for insult - just a fact. I don't have time to keep up... wish that I did. If you feel insulted then maybe you read the comment wrong - why would I insult and then ask a question. Hope you aren't that sensitive... I do spend all my time in a room where my job is to produce music. I am not an engineer but it appears that I have to become one to do things a certain way.

FYI: this was a reply to someone that deleted their comment... no I am not trying to start a spat - cause personally - I don't have time for that and I would like to think you don't as well.

and to joaquin thanks for the input - I am already researching some options with the triton... i see they have a EXB-DI - and a EXB-Mlan... i will take it that these are better than 4 out 2 aux?
Old 8th July 2005
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Ziggy!!'s Avatar
 

Most stuff out there has digital options in one form or another. Some of them even use USB so you can just dump an audio file straight onto your harddrive from your keys or modules....
Old 8th July 2005
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Cornvalley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat_Bangaz
lol... I know about 4 outs 2 aux - screw assigning them... I didn't know about the adat feature... lol... hmmmm maybe I have been too bizzy behind the boards and don't have the same amount of time on my hands as some people that stay on the internet or in magazines all day... so what other keyboards or racks offer it that I don't know about?
Kurzweil 2661..... and the Roalnd DIF-AT is an interface for XV-5080 that outputs ADAT streams.
Now back to my magazines for the rest of the day...
Old 8th July 2005
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
songman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornvalley
Kurzweil 2661..... and the Roalnd DIF-AT is an interface for XV-5080 that outputs ADAT streams.
Now back to my magazines for the rest of the day...
Yes that's true enough, and the adat for the XV5080 is great. BUT, the K2661 is only 48 and the KSP is both 44.1 and 48. If companies don't even maintain uniformity for their own products then what can we expect across different companies? I'll never buy the 2661 for that very reason. Happy reading
Old 8th July 2005
  #8
Lives for gear
 
paultools's Avatar
 

Dumping from the module into the daw allows you the opportunity to put some SOUND on the sound (API/Neve).
Old 8th July 2005
  #9
Lives for gear
 

If u want it to be all digital go back to the inception of the ADAT i/o cards which came about as 8 i/o options for a whole lot of keyboards/modules, digital mixers, fx processors, etc. a few years back.

U can't be 'serious"!
Old 8th July 2005
  #10
Here for the gear
 
Beat_Bangaz's Avatar
 

well looks like I am out the loop - what do I know? LOL... I like the idea mentioned about dumping to the hard drive. Then you could import to logic or protools right? what about an mpc with this equation... say drums on the mpc - 8 out that to the rig ok - but then the keys and modules could go in as? See i have always done multi- takes to drop 2 in at a time... goes back to my first post... looking for that Quick way... so like a triton Mlan option would be the ticket? Thanks for the replies...
Old 8th July 2005
  #11
Gear Guru
 
u b k's Avatar
 

as a high end producer, i'd have the assistant drop the tracks, 2 at a time.

much easier than signing a petition, imo.


gregoire
del ubik
Old 8th July 2005
  #12
Lives for gear
 
nukmusic's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat_Bangaz
I recently asked how to multi-track and I descovered that the only way to do it was the way I was already doing it. SUCKS!!!!!!!! I hate having to do multi-takes off the keyboard tracks.... so here's what i propose....

I want to start a petition. In this petition it would ask Korg, Yamaha, Roland and other companies to begin offering A NEW OPTION. This option would be a NEW EXPANSION CARD that would be DIGITAL (adat / fiber optic pipe). This New Card would allow serious producers to DROP 8 Tracks of REAL AUDIO (screw midi) at once. Just imagine the time you just saved seeing how most of us use 8 on the mpc (sometimes more) and use maybe a max of 5 or 6 on the triton (or whatever you use.) LOOK THE TECHNOLOGY IS THERE --- USE IT! I am aware of the yamaha mLAN option - I am talking something different.

If I started a petition would you sign it? would you be willing to shell out an extra $600 dollars on your new keyboard knowing that it would pay for itself in time and energy - and if you are selling your work to major labels or what not. Then it would pay for itself quick.

Let me know.

I also asked Yamaha about this for my Motif ES. Yes it does seem dumb that they don't used adat 8ch ports. It has an optical port, but its Spdif only
Yamaha AIEB2 Output Expansion Board

Old 8th July 2005
  #13
Lives for gear
 
cdog's Avatar
It really pisses me off my Vdrums don't have ADAT out.
Old 8th July 2005
  #14
Lives for gear
 
paultools's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat_Bangaz
what about an mpc with this equation... say drums on the mpc - 8 out that to the rig ok
MPC 4K has this option, no?
Old 9th July 2005
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog
It really pisses me off my Vdrums don't have ADAT out.
I hear ya brother....
That is Roland and thier BS protocol.

My Roland MV-8000...the world's MODERN premier kickass sequencer sampler doesn't even have ADAT and if I want it I have to go through the V-link propriety hardware BS.
I dump 2 at a time often...relying on midi for sync. For long tunes this can get painful.

The benefit is Roland upgrades and product support are first rate...at least for the MV-8000.

P&B,
Old 9th July 2005
  #16
Jai guru deva om
 
warhead's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b i k
as a high end producer, i'd have the assistant drop the tracks, 2 at a time.

much easier than signing a petition, imo.


gregoire
del ubik
hahahahahaha I love it...

I have a hip hop crew that comes in here all the time, it's two at a time for me unless he's got multi tracks on the Motif and the MPC, then it's 4! Of course, the dude's got like 20+ tracks kickin'...

War
Old 9th July 2005
  #17
Here for the gear
 
Beat_Bangaz's Avatar
 

well I am glad to see that finally I am not alone on this one after feeling ganged up on for a minute... lol... look I am no pro when it comes to cans and can'ts - I just know what I am looking to do - I heard this site had amazing people with amazing input and this is why I am here.

Someone asked about the 4k - I have the 2000xl... I believe that the digital out is spdif - no good there... so I can live with the 8 analog on that... I just wish there was a more effecient way for the keys and so on.... although I have heard some good sh!t on here.... I know that triton can do six out but you have to assign and yada yada yada - now I have finally looked at the mlan expansion for the triton but I am still un-educated to it... it says six out - is that a dedicated six? the box is $600 - so if I drop that on something it best do what I am looking for.... lol.... I wish I had an assistant.... but I feel people get in the way... you have to do it yourself. I just feel that it would be "dope" if they would have 8 outs on everything... lol... pref. digital for less wiring. But hey - midi the mpc to protools - midi the triton to the mpc and record... - then do it over and over til its done... screw it...
Old 9th July 2005
  #18
Gear Guru
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b i k
as a high end producer, i'd have the assistant drop the tracks, 2 at a time.

much easier than signing a petition, imo.


gregoire
del ubik
How long is your name?
Old 9th July 2005
  #19
More cowbell!
 
natpub's Avatar
sorry, we build synthesis only 1-2 tracks at a time here also--even with giga, triton, kurzweil, etc


good luck on your search



Old 9th July 2005
  #20
Lives for gear
 
GYang's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by songman
BUT, the K2661 is only 48 and the KSP is both 44.1 and 48. If companies don't even maintain uniformity for their own products then what can we expect across different companies? I'll never buy the 2661 for that very reason. Happy reading
Kurzweil 2661 in my studio, beside Yamaha, is still one of really best sounding synths money can buy (I have collected huge sound library that is, by the way, quite cheap these days).
8 channels of digital transfer to DAW works really flawless and together with praised high quality effects is working horse for many songs we do.
I have no problems with sample rate 48 kHz as it is my working standard, but no problems to use SRC if 96 is preferable for any reason.
I can add that despite having big choice of latest high-end sources as GIGA Studio 3 or Native Instruments softsamplers and synths with many excellent sounds, Kurzweil holds its own position among all of them and can be very warmly recommended.
I can hardly remember something else as better choice for working horse in digital setup.

GYang
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump