The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
dm 2000 or soundcraft dc2000 pres?
Old 7th July 2005
Here for the gear

dm 2000 or soundcraft dc2000 pres?

hi slutz,

i´m going to make a rock- punkrock recording in a local studio, which is my biggest projekt by now (the label,a realy big one offert video airplay on mtv germany and to use the single for a film score). befor iwas recording in my own small studio with a mackie desk.
the local studio has a dm2000 as well as a soundcraft dc2000 in the same room, and i want to kwow which preamps are better for oh´s,snare, kick, gits etc.
i have also a 2ch spl goldmike, a spl gainstation1, a tla5051 and the pres of a tla classic comp availble.

i´m thinking to use 2 u89 as oh´s, 421´s for toms (only two) and snare(i kinda like the sound),d112 and beta91 for kick,akg451´s (the new ones) for the hats and maybe ride, tlm 103 and a cheap t-bone ribbon for gits and drum room mics.
i have also a pair of at 4041, one RE20, lots of 441´s, a senn e609, two beyer m260 ribbons ,three beyer 201´s,and a hole bunch of 57´s availble.

what do you think? what is the best combination?

should iuse the converters in the yamaha dm2000 or the ones in my motu 2408 mk3,
and which of the both should act as the master word clock if i combinate them

hope you can give me some help to get a good recording in this new situation.

thanks bugbug
Old 7th July 2005
The Yamaha DM 2000 pre`s are very netural sounding. They are good in the sense that you can add your color later on. The converters are a step above the Motu converters. I cannot comment on the other mixer as I have not heard it.
Old 8th July 2005
Gear Maniac

if I were you I'd try having m201's on the amps.. they have a nice punk sound imho

I'll second the dm2000 converters being better than the motu's
Old 31st May 2013
Lives for gear

DM2000 - Clean
DC2000 - Clean with a little Brit Mojo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search