The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Grace Lunatec V3
Old 7th April 2003
Lives for gear

Grace Lunatec V3

Have any of you guys fooled around with this at all? I'm looking to put together a simple but really great sounding 2 channel live rig just for recording my own performances. I'd like to keep it to a preamp/converter/laptop rig. Anyone think the Grace is a good front end for this kind of thing? Any other suggestions?
Old 7th April 2003
Moderator emeritus

Yes, I have fooled around with it - it sounds wonderful, and was pretty bulletproof in my experiments with it.

And, since it can be powered by batteries (including phantom power), you won't be tied to electrical power when you record.
Old 7th April 2003
Lives for gear

Sounds sweet- are there any other alternatives I should check out?
Old 7th April 2003
Lives for gear

You might want to look at the Apogee MiniMe. I use one for live to 2 track classical recording on location.

Scott
Old 7th April 2003
Lives for gear

Awesome- and you like how it sounds?

Neither of these products looks very lap top friendly though =/ At least not at 96/192
Old 7th April 2003
Lives for gear

No complaints about the sound, and it has enough clean gain for my Royer SF-12. I don't use a laptop on location (don't trust 'em) I go into a Masterlink at 96/24.

Scott

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search