The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
any Lynx Aurora 8 Users Out There?
Old 22nd February 2009
Gear Head

any Lynx Aurora 8 Users Out There?

just got my new Lynx Aurora 8 but it came with no power supply.

it specifically says DO NOT USE WITH ANY POWER SUPPLY OTHER THAN 115v...yet i can not seem to find a power supply that is JUST 115v.

Questions:
1. can i use a regular power chord like i use with my other gear or no?
2. is it better to use the Aurora 8 as the master word clock? (using 003)

i'll be going ADAT out of the 003 > Aurora 8 > API summing unit > Apogee Rosetta 200 > back into 003 via SPDIF. just tryin to decide if its better to use the Aurora or Apogee for word clock master?

any and all help is MUCHO appreciated!

thanks,
j

Last edited by jtrainer; 22nd February 2009 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: more info
Old 22nd February 2009
Gear Addict

Assuming you're in the United States, any power cable will work. They are warning people who live in Europe (220V power).
Old 22nd February 2009
Gear Addict

Lynx has a forum on their site, lynxstudio.com.
Old 22nd February 2009
1. It definitely came with a power supply because it's built into the Aurora. What it may not have come with is a power cord if you bought it used (which I'm guessing you did). So, any power cord will work. Be aware that if you are in the USA the Aurora will work with any USA power cord. If you are in Europe you need the European model which has a different power supply (or you can just use a simple power converter and you'll be fine).

2. Yes, you should make the Aurora the master clock and if you are going to use it with a 003 you'll also need the LT-ADAT LSlot card for the Aurora as that's the only way to interface with the 003. You'll also be limited to 44.1 or 48k sample rates but it'll sound way better than the 003's converters.

Good luck!
Old 23rd February 2009
Gear Head

thanks so much for your replies!

the optical is set for ADAT so i can get the 8 outs to the Aurora.

i thought it was possible to use the 8 ADAT optical out simultaneously with the SPDIF in via RCA.

no?

it's not workin for me...bumming me out. my sample rate is currently 48k do i need to go to 44.1?

thanks again for your time and advice!
j

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search