The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Orlando area high-end stores or private sellers?
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Addict

Orlando area high-end stores or private sellers?

Hello

I'm from Toronto - visiting Orlando until Sunday - prices and selection of high end tends to be better in the U.S, so I was hoping to take advantage (and I'm really hoping not to have to resort to guitar centre.

Does anoyone have any suggestions? I have a rented car and could travel a bit.

Open to anyone selling nice mics / pres / comps / eqs / or verbs.

Thanks
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Head

As far as I know (and I have lived in Orlando almost all of my life) there are no high end stores. The best you will get is the occasional used piece of boutique gear that someone sold to Guitar Center or Sam Ash, or one the other run of the mill music stores around town. I could be wrong, as I havent ever really looked for high end gear at a retail location ( I always just went right where I knew I could find it - The Interwebz)
Old 20th February 2009
KMP
Gear Nut

There is a Private high-end gear shop called Magic Audio off of Vineland and Conroy.

Magic Audio[IMG]linkscanner://safe.gif/[/IMG]
www.magicaudio.com

3601 Vineland Rd # 9
Orlando, FL 32811
Old 21st February 2009
Lives for gear

Mike Harris is also around your area.
Haven't work directly with him but via clients...great service.

Cheers,
Pupo
Old 21st February 2009
Gear Nut

+1 for Magic Audio
Old 21st February 2009
Gear Addict

Thanks all - will check out magic audio (if open) tomorrow (saturday)

I'll report back if anything cool comes my way!!
Old 23rd February 2009
Gear Head

See, I didnt even know that place existed. Vineland and Conroy...I went to audio school right there years ago, I should know this stuff!
Old 23rd February 2009
KMP
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatGuy View Post
See, I didnt even know that place existed. Vineland and Conroy...I went to audio school right there years ago, I should know this stuff!

It's less than 10 seconds down from A.R.T.I.
Old 23rd February 2009
Gear Head

yeah, I mapped it out and noticed that. I am glad I saw this thread, as now I have a place to actually audition some higher end stuff instead of buying based on the recommendations of gearslutz (which hasnt really steered me wrong at all mind you).
Old 23rd February 2009
member no 666

If I'm not mistaken... I'm pretty sure Atlas Pro Audio is in the Orlando area [or somewhere near it].

Peace
Old 23rd February 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
If I'm not mistaken... I'm pretty sure Atlas Pro Audio is in the Orlando area [or somewhere near it].

Peace
They are in Brandon, which is on the western coast of Florida, near Tampa. Only about an hour and a half - 2 hours away from Orlando.
Old 23rd February 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatGuy View Post
They are in Brandon, which is on the western coast of Florida, near Tampa. Only about an hour and a half - 2 hours away from Orlando.
We haven't been in Brandon for over two years. We are even further south now, closer to Sarasota than Tampa.
Old 23rd February 2009

Not sure how far away they are from Orlando, but you can try Mike @ Flagler Pro Audio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search