The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Questions for Michael Wagener
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechstudio
There was no bass guitar on "And Justice for All". This was out of respect for the passing of Cliff Burton, who in my opinion was one of the greatest metal bass players that ever existed!
According to James and Lars, it was simply a matter of "hazing" for Jason to have the bass nearly inaudible and had nothing to do with Cliff. If they wanted no bass for Cliff's sake, they most likely would have done it on the "Garage Days EP" which was released after Cliff's death and was the first thing to feature Jason.
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Addict

Thanks again to Michael and to everyone who have contributed to this thread. Talk about informational! It's greatly appreciated, and I apologize for keeping you so busy with questions...
Old 12th July 2005
High End Moderator

Well, you guys were right, I simply advanced the register by one every time I pushed a button, duh

Here are the real settings:
Overdrive 1 : 4.0 dist
Overdrive 2 : 5.5 dist
Master Gain : 7.5 dist
Bass : 12
Mid : 6
Treb : 6
Pres : 12
Voicing : .tube
FX loop : off

From the ADA it went into the McIntosh 2100 (transistor) poweramp and from there into a vintage Marshall 4x12 cab with the original G12H inside. At that time I normally used Fostex M11RP ribbon mics and Countryman Lavalier mics through a John Hardy M1 to record guitar.
Old 12th July 2005
500 series nutjob

thanks Michael
Old 12th July 2005
Gear Addict

I've been waiting to find those settings for the last 15 years! thumbsup

thanks Michael! Can't wait to get home from work and fire up the beast.
Old 12th July 2005
High End Moderator

BTW, I still have version 1.0 software in the ADA. I changed it to version 2.x and it was quieter but wasn't quite as dynamic, so I changed it back to 1.0.

Let me know how it sounds.
Old 12th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener
BTW, I still have version 1.0 software in the ADA. I changed it to version 2.x and it was quieter but wasn't quite as dynamic, so I changed it back to 1.0.

Let me know how it sounds.
Thanks again for all the settings, much appreciated! thumbsup

They did make some interesting changes to the various models of the ADA. You ever notice how all companies do that? Peavey did it with the 5150 EVH models...the first line was more dynamic, then they tamed the tamed the gain down a bit and it wasn't as good IMO. Then they made the 5150 II. Mesa did it with the Rectifier's. The first generation sounded awesome, then they started using a different transformer and shifted the structure of the presence of the amp and I didn't like it as much. Then the 3 channel models came along and I liked them even less.
Old 6th February 2014
Gear Addict

Awesome thread! Thank you for the great informations! But i didn't understand the 2 e-string guitar tracks. Did the only play the parts that were played on the open e string (palm muted) and nothing else ? Als betonung quasi? Thank you so much :-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search