The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GIK Acoustics Group Buy Condenser Microphones
Old 19th February 2009
Gear Addict

GIK Acoustics Group Buy

Im ready to dump my Auralex and some other cheap foam I got and properly treat my booth and control room. Is there a group buy for GIK going on that I can join? If not, I wanna start one ASAP!
Old 19th February 2009
Lives for gear

Just buy! They're very inexpensive for what you get out of them. If you want cheaper you should consider building your own.
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Guru

We have tried group buys in FAR away places that are not in in the US or in Europe, but to be honest with you Florida is darn close to us (GA) so shipping is pretty reasonable (and quick).

Glenn
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Just buy! They're very inexpensive for what you get out of them. If you want cheaper you should consider building your own.
I understand that. I've been contemplating buying them since September. I was just seeing if anybody in gearslutz land wanted to save a lil $$$ and do a groupbuy.
Old 20th February 2009
Lives for gear

gik price and performance are solid. 4 more 244's arrive at my door monday.

check your local CL. i missed an amazing deal on a roomkit1 for 2/3 price last week
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Maniac

Wow the roomkits are well-priced! Might have a new customer pretty soon
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Addict

What's up Glenn? Yea I actually got a quote from Frank last year. I missed your birthday discount you guys were running so I just figured group buy would be next best thing.
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietrich10 View Post
gik price and performance are solid. 4 more 244's arrive at my door monday.

check your local CL. i missed an amazing deal on a roomkit1 for 2/3 price last week
Tell me about it! I've been checking CL at least twice a week since November.
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Guru

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGI ENT View Post
What's up Glenn?
I am doing pretty well.

Quote:
Yea I actually got a quote from Frank last year. I missed your birthday discount you guys were running so I just figured group buy would be next best thing.
Not sure how I could do a group buy unless you got some guys down in FL area. But the good news is I promise you that you will spend less then all that GREAT gear you have. And the room will sound great!
Once your ready give Frank a ring and we will try to figure something out for you.

Glenn
Old 20th February 2009
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=Glenn Kuras;3932800]
Quote:

Not sure how I could do a group buy unless you got some guys down in FL area. But the good news is I promise you that you will spend less then all that GREAT gear you have. And the room will sound great!
Once your ready give Frank a ring and we will try to figure something out for you.

Glenn
Tell me about it bro! AK47,Rosetta 200, Dynaudio BM5a's, Nueman TLM103, Baby Bottle, BMD Komit, Avedis MA5, even my Coleman Audio TB4 MKII was over a grand! All those products cost more than room it 1 or 2, and your treatment plays a bigger role than any of em...I'll be giving you guys a call
Old 20th February 2009
GIK has great stuff, and they helped improve my room so much. I have their bass tri traps in my corners and 7 244's panels in my room. I actually use them along with 3" auralex foam in my studio. But yes GIK is far more effective than the foam.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search