The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Unseating the Sumo - Bonjour 2Bus!
Old 1st July 2005
Here for the gear

Unseating the Sumo - Bonjour 2Bus!

Been a fan of the 2Bus for a while and on my last visit to the UK, got a chance to hear the audient Sumo. Cool box, and the compressor can be handy, albeit you can only tickle it, after that its not so hot. In any case, was curious to compare it with the 2Bus LT, which is what i just did on my last trip. We were running the mixes out of an HD rig with a Trak2 and a 192 as the interfaces. Just took the Dsubs right out off the audient and plugged them into the 2Bus. The difference was not subtle! A wider stereo image and faster transients. This track was a rocker with a lot of tom action, and it really came to life. Only bummer is that now the engineer has to remix all the tracks through the 2Bus - sorry! Anyone had a chance to compare the LT with the full blown 2Bus? I am curious to hear the difference.

Skotch
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

hoooooo, then give the 2bus a listen !!

these +6db buttons can do nice things to some signals, e.g. get your BD and bass down a little in the daw and PUSH THE BUTTONS !!!

haven´t compared it to the Lt. but I wouldn´t wanna miss the +6 feature anyway....
cheers tom
Old 2nd July 2005
Lives for gear

The "Big" 2 bus has a better power supply and the PCBs are better. I was told there's a 1 dB difference in headroom as well. The guys at Dangerous also told me they had a very hard time hearing any difference between the 2. In any case, I think you'd get more of a performance increase buying better cabling for it than you would getting the higher end model (unless you love the +6 dB buttons).
Old 8th July 2005
Here for the gear

Thanks for the advice

Will consider the big boy - I want more buttons!!!
Old 8th July 2005
Lives for gear

so which did you find better? The Sumo or the 2Bus?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search