The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Little Labs Multi z Pip vs. Creation Audio Labs MW 1
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Addict

Little Labs Multi z Pip vs. Creation Audio Labs MW 1

Has anybody done a comparison of these two units, particularly regarding the sound of the end results?

People that chose one over the other, why?
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Addict

There are quite a few posts about the MW-1 from satisfied users. What about the Multi Z? Any users wanting to proffer an opinion?
Old 21st February 2009
Gear Nut

Im intersted too...I am about to buy a creation audio Labs MW1...
Old 21st February 2009
Gear Maniac

Hey guys, be aware that Creation Audio Labs dropped the price of the MW-1 to $795 and are selling DIRECT!

I just used mine for re-amping the first time (after buying it 4 months ago) with one of my new B-15's and it's great!

OK, this is dumb... but one of the things I love about the MW-1 is the 'mute' button and 'tuner output' on the front of the unit... so you can hit mute and tune with no annoying cable unplugging and all that...

- ALLEN
Old 22nd February 2009
Gear Addict

I got a good deal on the Little Labs so ended up going for that. I should have it in a few days.

It doesn't have an input impedance control in the way that the MW-1 has but on the Hi-Z setting with it plugged into an amp (ignoring the DI output) it takes its input impedance from the amp. This means that your pickups will be loaded about the same as they would plugged straight into the amp. Otherwise functionality is quite similar to the MW-1 as far as I can tell.
Old 23rd February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcha View Post
It doesn't have an input impedance control in the way that the MW-1 has ...

That's one of the best features of the MW-1, imo. Without it, it would be just another active DI, albeit a good one. I did a quick a/b with a Buzz Mia 1.0 and I was able to get them sounding alike by tweaking the impedance on the MW-1. Both sound very nice but the MW-1 can be a better fit for a particular source as a result of this feature.
Old 23rd February 2009
Gear Addict

Well, I got the Little Labs for about half of what the MW-1 would have cost me. I don't doubt the use of the drag control, but a difference of about 600 dollars (I would have been paying import duty and VAT on the MW-1 as I live in Europe) made up my mind for me.
Old 25th February 2009
Gear Nut

just ordered my MW1

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search