The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Found a Neumann M 49 in bought house!!!
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Doug Walker is one of the absolute best mic masters/mic gurus in this corner of the galaxy. What this guy does with capsules is an art. He'll take the call, and give you a straight up response as to what you might want to do with the mic.

Send him an email or make a call, You'll get everything that you need info- wise and more.

All of the other guys are also swell. He's on a level all his own. No offense to anyone who holds a different opinion.

Walker is King. He'll tell you who to contact in your area.

When you get the mic up and running please post some sounds up here on GS.

Cool story! thumbsup

WHAT A FIND!

You go u slut!

Cheers and congratz,

John
Old 18th March 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

My guess is that he bought the M49 and the house was included in the price?
Old 18th March 2012
Lives for gear

perhaps it is cursed....and was left behind for some good reason....
'that mic ruined my life' sort of thing...if you have very good karma you should return it...and if you don't, you should return it in order to get some...OR it is blessed and will bring you magic....'that mic is magic and has been passsed to you to spread the goodness'...in which case you will own it if it belongs to you.
I knew a guy who found some mics in the street and kept them...not sure what happened to him though....but he lost his house....
if the last guy did not know how valuable it is...make a low offer and own it...it will need a lot if money to sort it out with power and a service anyway so....
p.s..i am not superstitios or into vodoo or stuff...but karma is a self evident fact!
it would be ok to keep it if you take responsability for the fact that it is not yours and may have to be returned at ANY moment....so it would be best for your friend to contact the basements previous owner i feel.
Old 21st March 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
Just give them a ring and go over all the junk you found to make sure they didn't mean to keep any of it... you know:

several buckets of paint, a cardboard box in poor condition, a rusty can full of nails, a broken rake, a coke bottle with dirt in it, a spool of moldy kite string, a plastic Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket -- with lid, a blue dress sock with a hole in it, [speaking faster now] a priceless vintage German microphone, two ant traps, the classified ads from a newspaper dated Oct. 12, 1987, a bicycle tire with a nail in it. You didn't need any of that stuff, did you? Okay, great, just wanted to make sure.
haha priceless!

I have always wished for something like this to happen, so far NOPE
📝 Reply