The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
UM900
Old 27th June 2005
Village Idiot

Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

So did you buy one ???

I`ve allways wanted one of these myself mostly because it`s so cool looking.

Everything I`ve ever read about it has been positive but overall it seems not a whole lot of people around here own one.

All I know is that if I was somehow being forced at gun point to buy a $5000 mic without the option of actually listening to it first the UM900 would be first on the list. heh

Labs buy the damn thing and tell me how cool you think it is !
Old 30th June 2005
member no 666

Gefell usually has them "in stock" without a struggle... it takes one person a full day to assemble one so they generally have them in stock to avoid shipping delays.

The overall sound of thing, INMTLBFHO, is awesome... rich, clear, full... not hyped or screetchy sounding on the top end... from your description I have a feeling you're going to dig this thing.

Best of luck with it!!
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

I just got two of them, but I was bummed because they didn't have the half moon swivel mount, only the shockmount, which is good enough for me I guess. They should be here anyday now directly from C-Tec(gefell distributor). I'm going to try them out as drum overheads and female vocals ASAP. If I can ever get those Wunder CM12's for overheads then the UM900's are going on drum room. Fletcher, why don't you guys sell the Innertube MagMic?
Old 30th June 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

That half moon mounting arm is an extra cost item I believe.
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Yeah, it's like $100 more. I might end up just ordering them seperately, that's what makes them look so damn cool!
Old 30th June 2005
Harmless Wacko

Labs.

This is a great mic.

Period.

Shuddup and buy one.

XOXOXOX

Slippy
Old 30th June 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrogantbastard
Yeah, it's like $100 more. I might end up just ordering them seperately, that's what makes them look so damn cool!
That's not a bad price. You would figure that Gefell would rather rape you for $300 for a shockmount instead of giving you one. I was surprised that my UM92 came with one, and not a regular stand mount.
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Well if you need another one they do rape you cause the regular shockmount is $315. I'm assuming that if I acutally wanted the half moon swivel mount it'd be more like $415.
Old 1st July 2005
member no 666

Quote:
Fletcher, why don't you guys sell the Innertube MagMic?
Damn good question... I own one, I love the damn thing... but for some reason we never got our **** together with it.

I have one of the real early ones with the "screen door grill head"... it's the balls!!
Old 1st July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher
INMTLBFHO.
??? Dude you lived on the internet to long... what the hell does that mean?
(Im sure the Um900 rocks btw)
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

UM900
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Check Musiciansgear.com for proper Gefell pricing.

UM900=$2767.00 with half moon mount.

I think the CTEC men are very high.
Old 2nd July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush
Check Musiciansgear.com for proper Gefell pricing.

UM900=$2767.00 with half moon mount.

I think the CTEC men are very high.
Check the price with them for sure, but I wouldn't recommend buying from those guys. I've tried dealing with them twice and both times have had bad experiences.

Cheers

Vari-Mu
Old 2nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vari-Mu
Check the price with them for sure, but I wouldn't recommend buying from those guys. I've tried dealing with them twice and both times have had bad experiences.

Cheers

Vari-Mu
My dealings and purchases from them have always gone smoothly and well.
I have had zero problems and will continue to do business.

The U.S. and Canadian importers of expensive microphones have gone crazy with talk of the US$/Euro fluctuations and other nonsense. I prefer to pay the real price from the country of manufacture.
Old 6th July 2005
Lives for gear

I just got my two today. Everyone should buy these.
Old 6th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just got my two today. Everyone should buy these.

All right Arrogant !!!

Theres a proper slut for ya ! thumbsup
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Mic

I used it on my last drum recording, in combo/comparison with the Neu M149 and Soundelux E47. Used the E47 for a week or two until it started acting up, getting bitchy for no reason. Got the gefell. Love it. ****ing awesome mic!

6.dos
Old 4th September 2005
Gear Addict

UM900

Receieved mine yesterday and it is outstanding! Almost no eq needed depending on what's being mic'd. Vocals-AWESOME!...Acoustic gtr.-WOW! Being phantom powered is the bees knees... thumbsup
Old 4th September 2005
Lives for gear

I did a vocal today with it. I was told it was a screamy punk hardcore thing, so at first I just gave him a 58 in his hand but he ended up singing a lot and just having a few screams so I threw the gefell up. The singer was totally blown away as well as I was. I used a SCA N72 for the preamp and a ditressor. Totally brutal vocal sound.
Old 4th September 2005
Lives for gear

a great mic...my current and in most cases future fav.....

cheers
SP
Old 5th September 2005
More cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell
??? Dude you lived on the internet to long... what the hell does that mean?
He got the 2nd and 3rd letters reversed, and it means:

IMNTLBFHO= In My Not-The-Least-Bit-F*king-Humble Opinion

It's a pretty old acronym as far as such things go, though I might speculate that his particular use of it is so much associated with him now that he could possibly "Trademark" it :-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search