The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
GML pre's and what EQ?
Old 23rd June 2005
GML pre's and what EQ?

Ok if you don't have $4,000 for an GML EQ, what transparent EQ would you recommend to use with the GML pre.
Old 23rd June 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Ok if you don't have $4,000 for an GML EQ, what transparent EQ would you recommend to use with the GML pre.

For what exactly?
Old 23rd June 2005
Vocals, acoustic guitar, and bass. In keeping with the prestine sound of the GML pre without adding much flavor until your at the mixing stage. It seems the GML 2032 is a good option if you want to get another pre.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Okay, I haven't heard it, so this is talking out my ass, but if I were you I'd check out the Buzz Audio eq. It looks like a nice design to me, and his stuff is supposed to sound clean and musical. I want to try some of these soon myself.
Old 23rd June 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn
Okay, I haven't heard it, so this is talking out my ass, but if I were you I'd check out the Buzz Audio eq. It looks like a nice design to me, and his stuff is supposed to sound clean and musical. I want to try some of these soon myself.
Been checkin' them out myself for a while. I should not post since I have not tried the Buzz MPE 1.1 so take what I am about to say with a heaping bowl of salt, but the option of having the eq transformerless and the ability to add input and output transformers at point of purchase or a later date is really interesting to me, plus you can switch out the trannys at will once you get them installed. 3 flavours in one box! I got one priced out at around $1800 ish Canadian with both transformers. Sounds like a good deal to me. I believe one of the transformers (input?) has to be done by Buzz but the output is an octal type that you can just plop in.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

That last part is interesting if correct. My guess would be that the Sowter transformer which has a switch on the front panel must be installed by Buzz.

I would feel kind of naked ordering one without the transformer, seeing as how there's already a switch for it. Though if you need to get in on a budget, it is nice that you can add it later.
Old 24th June 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Vocals, acoustic guitar, and bass. In keeping with the prestine sound of the GML pre without adding much flavor until your at the mixing stage. It seems the GML 2032 is a good option if you want to get another pre.

I doubt you will need any if you've got the right mics.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

Check our Milennia Media.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search