The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digidesign SYNC I/O
Old 20th January 2009
Gear Addict

Digidesign SYNC I/O

Many threads about this but no clear answers. Is this or the Digidesign SYNC HD I/O good for use as a clock. How does it compare to the Big Ben, or the BLA Microclock? Or is it a complete waste of $? Just asking since they are going cheap on Ebay right now. Thanks,

-Tguy
Old 20th January 2009
Lives for gear

It is only necessary if you are syncing to time code of another device.
I would not use it as a master clock.
Old 20th January 2009
Gear Addict

Thanks Tony. As I suspected, the internal clock on the 192 is probably better.
Old 20th January 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tguy View Post
Many threads about this but no clear answers. Is this or the Digidesign SYNC HD I/O good for use as a clock. How does it compare to the Big Ben, or the BLA Microclock? Or is it a complete waste of $? Just asking since they are going cheap on Ebay right now. Thanks,

-Tguy
I believe all will achieve the task, yet they all are different products, so they will have a different result more than likely. The Big Ben is quite possibly a great choice depending on your applications and the reason you are seeking out a house clock for your system. I have no doubt the Big Ben offers superior sonic results based on my experience with Digi internal clock versus Big Ben clocking a 192 I/O, but the only way to confirm this is to plug it in and try it out. The Big Ben is a very functional and versatile master clock when you look at what it can do. The "micro-clock" is just a clock circuit, with only a couple outputs, and its unable to drive AES/SPDIF/ADAT sync and up to 6 WC outputs, like the BB. Another worth while note, is that the Big Ben can also accommodate Digi brand Super Clock on two outputs, while it outputs regular old clock to your devices, all the while pulling up or pulling down SR. The Choice depends on what you need in your room.
Old 20th January 2009
Lives for gear

I use the SYNC HD I/O only for SEMPTE synching. I use an Antelope Audio Isochrone as the master clock for all the studio gear requiring a clcok, e.g., my PT HD system synchs to the Antelope.
Old 24th April 2015
Here for the gear

syncing SYNC with a 003r

I have a BLA 003-R and a sync unit. is it possible use the sync with the 003 r? if so how do I set it up. thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search