The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
About to buy a DA converter, how is the Lucid
Old 23rd June 2005
Here for the gear

About to buy a DA converter, how is the Lucid

Lucid DA9624. How does it rate amongst it's competition of RME, Benchmark, Apogee DA converters, What are it's qualities like for using as sends to outboard and to use as stereo outs into the monitors. I heard its design might be getting old compared to it's competition, but what is it missing that the others have?

Describe in quality and sound of how much of a step up is the Lucid from a Digidesign 888/24 interface.

Would have considered Mytek DAs but cannot justify purchasing an expensive item with poor customer support for it's too much hassle down the line if something goes wrong with it and they have too many bad reports about that.
Old 23rd June 2005
Jai guru deva om

I can tell you that the Lucid is a big step up over RME, the Lucid stuff is very open and natural sounding. I have not compared to the others though.

War
Old 26th June 2005
Here for the gear

Are they better than the standard Protools Coverters like the 888/24. Comparing them to one another at 24bit 44.1.

What are the significant differences that make one better sounding than the other. This way I have something to compare to since I have the 888/24.
Old 28th June 2005
Lives for gear

All great converters listed here. But after a careful listen to these and many more, I picked the UA 2192. The best thing out there to my ear.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 28th January 2006
Here for the gear

Lucid ADA8824

Quote:
But after a careful listen to these and many more, I picked the UA 2192. The best thing out there to my ear.
Hi i am also looking at purchasing the Lucid ADA8824 and the Lucid GenX64 Clock, to connect to my 002. Wonding if this is the best choice, for the price or op for a stereo conversion AD/DA looking at the UA2192 AD/DAC?
Could ya tell me abit more the UA2192 there Steve?

Matt
Old 28th January 2006
Gear Addict

Check this thread for some info on new Lucid products you may be interested in:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/57107-lucid-88192-genx192.html

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search