The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
our Korby KAT4 finally got here!
Old 22nd June 2005
  #1
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
our Korby KAT4 finally got here!

Hi all
Our new Korby KAT 4 mic came in today. We only got to play with it for a couple of hours tonight, but the first impression is WOW!!! Tried all of the capsules on a male vocalist through: Millenia (SS), API 3124, GTQ2, and a Vipre. - all sounded terrific, but very different.

For any studios down here in the Caribbean, the mic is available for demos. Drop me a pm.

thanks
Dan
Island SoundWorks
Old 22nd June 2005
  #2
Lives for gear
 
kevinc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Cool ! thumbsup
Old 22nd June 2005 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Old 22nd June 2005 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
mikey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
lets us know so we can drool and dream
how much was it$$
Old 22nd June 2005 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Tetness's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Congrats. You'll love it!!!!!
Old 22nd June 2005
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Brent's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
You SLUT! heh
Old 22nd June 2005 | Show parent
  #7
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I love mine..keeps right up with real 67/47 jones's stike
Old 22nd June 2005 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Brent's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge
I love mine..keeps right up with real 67/47 jones's stike

Actually has anyone ever compared a Korby 47 to a Lawson 47? I have a Lawson L47MP on the way... just curious because I couldn't afford the korby kit yet...
Old 22nd June 2005
  #9
Lives for gear
 
steins's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguin
Hi all
Our new Korby KAT 4 mic came in today. We only got to play with it for a couple of hours tonight, but the first impression is WOW!!! Tried all of the capsules on a male vocalist through: Millenia (SS), API 3124, GTQ2, and a Vipre. - all sounded terrific, but very different.

For any studios down here in the Caribbean, the mic is available for demos. Drop me a pm.

thanks
Dan
Island SoundWorks



Stein Tore
Old 22nd June 2005 | Show parent
  #10
Gear Nut
 
cuby's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Actually has anyone ever compared a Korby 47 to a Lawson 47? I have a Lawson L47MP on the way... just curious because I couldn't afford the korby kit yet...
same here, want to know for future upgrade plan. Right now Lawson 47 is the only mic I have so I don't know how it compares to others, any info here as how it stand up against other big gun would be very appreciated.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 5720 views: 1836148
Avatar for Drumsound
Drumsound 1 week ago
replies: 106 views: 20815
Avatar for DanRock101
DanRock101 18th January 2009
replies: 16 views: 3354
Avatar for dpianomn
dpianomn 16th June 2009
replies: 248 views: 39631
Avatar for Shaman
Shaman 18th December 2015
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump