The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using 888/24 as digital patchbay with 192 I/O
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Using 888/24 as digital patchbay with 192 I/O

Is anyone using an 888/24 in conjunction with a 192 i/o ?? They seem to be a pretty cheap way to hook up all my digital equipment...Does anyone use this combo ??? I would appreciate any feedback...or personal experiences....
Old 20th June 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Is anyone using an 888/24 in conjunction with a 192 i/o ?? They seem to be a pretty cheap way to hook up all my digital equipment...Does anyone use this combo ??? I would appreciate any feedback...or personal experiences....

In the past when i used it the 888/24 would at times not lock up.

I had to restart the system a couple of times.

It works though.
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

thx for the reply thrill. My rig is clocked to the big ben at the moment....[AD16X & Digi 192] Anyone experience or know of any issues regarding the external clocking of the 888 whilst being hooked up to the legacy port of the 192 ??

TIA
Old 21st June 2005
Here for the gear

We use a 888 connected to a 96io via the legacy port and clocked to an apogee mini-me, it works fine. On the odd occasion the 888 doesn't lock up but it doesn't happen often and it's no big deal to shut down pt and relaunch it. thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search