The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
1176 VU meter difference question
Old 11th January 2009
Here for the gear

1176 VU meter difference question

Anyone know why some old 1176's have the different logos on the vu meters? Not the reissues, but the authentic old urei's. ive seen these on the old black units and some on different blue stripes.the black ones have either weston or UA(not reissues)logo and the blue stripes have either the UA or weston logos on the meters. see pics attached and look at the different vu meters. I know its not a user switch out or replacement meter as Ive seen it on many units, just wondering what the deal is/was??? Someone told me that that UA's leftover parts were used by UREI but I dont really buy that.A year ago I saw an old rev b on ebay which was a black one with a UA meter, I cant find that pic so thats missing from my attachments below.I asked UA about it and they said they didnt know why a black old one would have anything but a UREI logo meter in it..Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
1176 VU meter difference question-1176a.jpg   1176 VU meter difference question-bluestripe-201176.jpg   1176 VU meter difference question-media.jpg   1176 VU meter difference question-media3.jpg  
Old 26th May 2018
Lives for gear

Interesting, but probably just whatever they had in stock. I've seen UA and Weston meters on blue stripes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search