The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL SuperAnalogue G-comp versus the Mynx and X-Rack Stereo Bus Compressor
Old 7th January 2009
Gear Addict

SSL SuperAnalogue G-comp versus the Mynx and X-Rack Stereo Bus Compressor

Just wondering, does anybody know how the Mynx + Stereo Bus Compressor module compares to the SSL SuperAnalogue G-comp? Featurewise, it's simple, the XRack comp has more ratio settings, and no fade function, oh, and is about half the price of the G-comp. So, well, how do they compare sonically?
Old 7th January 2009
Lives for gear

i strongly prefer the g384 over any of them. if you can find a used one which i'm sure you can i'd go that route. the super analog g comp sounds better than the xrack comp to my ears. there are so many comps that can do the ssl thing now. don't know what you're looking for exactly but don't limit yourself to the ssl name. if you do however go that route, the g384 is the way to go. thumbsup
Old 7th January 2009
Solid State Logic

Absolutely loads of posts about this.

Equally, loads of opinions that are right for someone, but not right for others.

Search for my frequent rants about the subject.
Old 7th January 2009
Lives for gear

I can't tell the difference sonically between X-Rack & 19" rack SuperA G series comp...

...and that's probably because it's the same circuit in both!

I prefer the X-Rack version purely because I think the X-Rack itself and the modules that are now available for it make it a superb format!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search