The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How can i make analog insert on protools with a AD-16x and DA-16x system ?
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

How can i make analog insert on protools with a AD-16x and DA-16x system ?

Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

I just want to know if it's possible ...
Because of, in your I/O Setup, you can't reach the both interface for insert, is there a tip elsewhere ?
I talk about analog insert ...
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

I am surprised not to have had any answers ...
Not a good attitude, even if to say " I don't know ... ".
Old 18th June 2005
Here for the gear

I use Apogee AD-16X and DA-16X’s with Nuendo...I know this might not work in ProTools...I create and output buss in Nuendo. For example, I send a VOX to a Summit DCL200 and then return the signal of the summit output back into my AD-16X. I then monitor using the zero latency function of my soundcard. Once I am happy with the way the track sounds through the comp, I lay it back down in Nuendo. I know this isn't the most effective way to insert but unfortunately because of inherent latency with converters, there is no perfect way to insert.
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

Isn't there automatic delay compensation in nuendo?
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

i dont know if this will help but create an aux input and add a plugin on the insert at the top but instead of a plugin select the i/o of the hardwhere you want to use as the insert.
Old 18th June 2005
theother
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrogantbastard
Isn't there automatic delay compensation in nuendo?
Yes there is. Even with Cubase SX. Nuendo/Cubase measures the delay with a ping and auto compensates (can be switched off for tracking, etc.)

analog insert is no problem with ProTools or Nuendo, Cubase etc.

you just select the In/Outs from the Insert list. In Cubase Nuendo you have to define your inserts first in the VST connections and then they show up in the list.

Similar with PT.
Old 19th June 2005
Here for the gear

I think you have to be using N3 or later to take advantage of external fx's and external inserts. I cannot get N2 to do this.
Old 19th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by julien_a
I am surprised not to have had any answers ...
Not a good attitude, even if to say " I don't know ... ".

You might get a better response by posting it in the computer music section since 16x converters and protools are all computer based. As is the question.

Just a thought.
Old 19th June 2005
theother
Quote:
Originally Posted by brmccoy
I think you have to be using N3 or later to take advantage of external fx's and external inserts. I cannot get N2 to do this.
You are right. N3 or Cubase SX3 only.
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Head

On the insert strip in protools you can send the track out on say out 5 and in on 5. On the insert strip theres an option that says I/O to send out and return on that "insert point" you just physically patch those into that output and input on you AD and DA. If you have PT 6.4 and above the daley comp is also taken care for you. Hope that helped.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search