The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What analog consoles also offer you DAW control as well?
Old 3rd January 2009
Lives for gear

What analog consoles also offer you DAW control as well?

I can think of the SSL 900W, but am unsure of other consoles that are out there that offer this. I know the API offers automation for an extra price, but I don't believe it controls your DAW. To me if your going to spend 40 - 50K on a analog board, it would be best if you could control your DAW with it as well. That is what makes the SSL 900W so appealing. Otherwise you need a Mackie controller and several extenders someplace in your studio as well. Of course Pro Tools has their wondeful controllers, but for their price, they don't offer you the warm character of the new Neve or API consoles.
Old 3rd January 2009
Lives for gear

Any current SSL console does that:
Matrix, AWS900 and Duality
Old 3rd January 2009
I can think of two of them right off the bat.
The cheapest one I can think of is the Yamaha N12 which is pretty good for it's price. Article Preview - Yamaha N12

Allen & Heath ZED R16 which is a step up from the Yamaha. Article Preview - Allen & Heath ZED R16 If I needed a analog mixer with good mic pre's I would consider this board seriously.

Of course you could go with Yamaha or Tascam's digital mixers as well but they of course only offer digital EQ's and effects not analog.
Old 3rd January 2009
Lives for gear

Flying Faders 2 will soon have HUI mode.
Old 3rd January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
Flying Faders 2 will soon have HUI mode.
Are you thinking of FF2 for your API? Do you already have FF?
Old 4th January 2009
Lives for gear

We just upgraded to FF2
Old 4th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
We just upgraded to FF2
Does that allow you to use your mixer as a DAW controller? If so, what features does it offer. If you have transport, faders, solo, mute, and automation, that would be half the battle.
Old 23rd February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
Does that allow you to use your mixer as a DAW controller? If so, what features does it offer. If you have transport, faders, solo, mute, and automation, that would be half the battle.
What DAW automation features would you like Flying Faders II to have?
Old 23rd February 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
one that hasn't been mentioned is AMS-Neve Genesys. don't know of anyone that has one up and running yet though.

Quote:
I know the API offers automation for an extra price, but I don't believe it controls your DAW.
didn't know that. do you know what automation package they offer?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search