The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UA 2-610S vs 2 x UA 710 vs TL AUDIO EBONY A2 ?
Old 30th December 2008
Here for the gear

TL Audio Ebony A2 or UA 710 or UA 2-610s ?

Hello people

So here is the problem.

I am using Logic 8 with an apogee ensemble sound card,some uad-1 pcie cards,a moog little phatty , a waldorf micro q and a micro korg to produce mostly electronic music.Nowdays I will start producing a trip hop album and I want to make my productions sound more warm and vintage and I am thinking to buy my first analog hardware to route them through apogee

so basically I want to send the sound from apogee to ua2-610s or 2x ua710 or Tl audio Ebony and then back to apogee to improove and warm my sound

Is all this make any sense, and which from this combination you are suggest me?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by dPen; 30th December 2008 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: wrong title
Old 23rd February 2009
Here for the gear

Just bumping this thread.

I too am looking for a similar solution.

I produce drum& bass music 100% digital in Cubase with VST's and Halion using an Echo Audiofire 8.

I want to make my final mixdown warm and crispy.

What piece of hardware do I need?

Recommendations on a particular model?

Thank you.

STRANJAH | BBA on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Old 23rd February 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dPen View Post
Hello people

So here is the problem.

I am using Logic 8 with an apogee ensemble sound card,some uad-1 pcie cards,a moog little phatty , a waldorf micro q and a micro korg to produce mostly electronic music.Nowdays I will start producing a trip hop album and I want to make my productions sound more warm and vintage and I am thinking to buy my first analog hardware to route them through apogee

so basically I want to send the sound from apogee to ua2-610s or 2x ua710 or Tl audio Ebony and then back to apogee to improove and warm my sound

Is all this make any sense, and which from this combination you are suggest me?

Thank you in advance
Why don't you send the signal from the synths through the hadware on the way in? That way you can vary the amount of "grit" on different parts which usually gives you a better sound in the end than just running the entire mix through the hardware.... I have a 2-610 and it has character; it's ballsy and has a deep smooth low end; does wonders for synth basses. But it can also be pretty clean and transparent if you take the time to fine tune gain and play with the impedance switches...

Haven't tried th 710, but I have and love the UA4110... The advantage of the 710 would be a greater range of tones since you can run either tube or solid state; but does it have a line in like the 2-610?

Never tried any TL audio other than the Ivory range and the UA is in another league...

You could also check out the API500 which should give you a lot of different flavors... Or a Neve 1073... Or the Chandler stuff... Or anything else you can find a hype about on this forum

Anyway, good luck in your search!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search