The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
A BIG thanks to Darius van Helfteren at Wisseloord
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

A BIG thanks to Darius van Helfteren at Wisseloord

After posting a question on which mastering compressor would be nice to go with my Tubetech smc-2b, Darius The mastering-engineer at the well-known Wisseloord studio’s in Holland invited me over to check out their compressors.

Can you imagine how I appreciated his effort to help me .. and how a fellow member of this forum was willing to help … no arrogance but something you really find hard in this world… just interest and the intend to reach a hand … GREAT ..

Very quickly we made an appointment and before I knew it … it was al settled and the appoitment was made.

I took my ducti for a nice ride to the wisseloord studio’s and met Darius who really gave me all the opportunity to see and hear the manley, Ibis, Thermonix, and SSL ….. man, wanted I to ask him a lot …… but okay stay focused on the comps.

I took some different tracks on which I worked lately and so I had a good starting reference.

And before I knew it 2 ½ hours passed and I thought I had to let Daris get on with his work .. and we said goodbye …

This visit gave me a lot of inspiration and a focus to continue with what I’m doing …. Soon as my new equipment is installed and up and running I’ll ask him over and maybe he can learn me some tricks of the trade ……

Thanks to gearslutz forum !!!!!!!! you rock ...

Wim Bult
www.inlinestudio.nl

Next to my studio, I’m working 3 days a week as a network and server administrator in a kind of university at the management site/building … Merely I’m working the last two years on my own, and trying to get my business running .. which after starting about 20 years ago with a fostex 260 is going quit okay and I’m able to invest more into my mastering-setup and maybe the end of this year a new house with a separate building/room for the studio … currently I’ve got a pretty spacious “zolder” ( top-of the house ) with a control room and a live room …
Old 15th June 2005
That's totally
Old 15th June 2005
Gear Guru

Very,very cool!

So Wim,,Which one are you gonna get first?! heh
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

should I sell my ducati ........
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

That is really cool! thumbsup
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

Darius is also a great mastering engineer, i'm flying actually tomorrow all the way to holland to master two albums i produced with him, these will be our 5th co-operation on album .
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowswing
Darius is also a great mastering engineer, i'm flying actually tomorrow all the way to holland to master two albums i produced with him, these will be our 5th co-operation on album .

Absolutely agree. I've flown out twice for him to do some lovely things to a couple of albums I've produced, and I'll be back later this year.
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

*blush*

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search