The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
pcm96 or m7
Old 6th January 2009 | Show parent
nas
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious View Post
I started this thread last week when I was researching these 2 reverbs; since then I ended up getting the Bricasti. You know that amazing feeling when you buy an especially great piece of gear that you fall in love with instantly and you're 100% positive that you made the best decision? Well, that feeling pales in comparison to the way I'm feeling about the M7. It's absolutely breathtaking. I've truly never heard anything like it (and I've heard A LOT) .... ALREADY, I can't imagine ever being without it. I knew if I didn't buy it, I'd be frustrated until I did. Everything sounds heavenly now and it's so comforting to know it always will. It's worth $3700 just for the initial rush of euphoria the first time you hear it in action!! Bricasti: The Heroin of Reverbs And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go overdose.
Congratulations! thumbsup I felt the same way when I got my first John Hardy Mic pre...money well spent and you know it's going to give you years of satisfaction and euphoria...heh
Old 6th January 2009 | Show parent
Congrats spacious!
Old 7th January 2009 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
There used to be some great people at Lexicon when they were based in Bedford, Massachusetts. I think I knew most of them.... Now, they have all left.... some of them are at Bricasti... One of them owns a Chinese restaurant the next town over from me.... and the rest seemed to have disappeared.
Sorry I missed you Tony. Not only was I at Lexicon in Bedford, Mass, but I was there in Waltham, years before we moved to Bedford. As far as I can tell, I haven't disappeared (I will check in the mirror, just to be sure). And although I might have added a couple of pounds over the years, I don't think I've quite reached the status of corporate giant either. We're still at work on issues that are reported to us and will continue to do so.

N.S.

PS.
The restauranteur you mentioned was a colleague. We're still in touch. Darned good engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post
Sorry I missed you Tony. Not only was I at Lexicon in Bedford, Mass, but I was there in Waltham, years before we moved to Bedford. As far as I can tell, I haven't disappeared (I will check in the mirror, just to be sure). And although I might have added a couple of pounds over the years, I don't think I've quite reached the status of corporate giant either. We're still at work on issues that are reported to us and will continue to do so.

N.S.

PS.
The restauranteur you mentioned was a colleague. We're still in touch. Darned good engineer.
Well, it's good to hear some of you are still around... I've lost touch with a lot of you guys... Where's Greg Hogan nowadays?
Quote:
Where's Greg Hogan nowadays?
Good question - he owes me an expansion card for my PCM90, which he never delivered...
Quote:
Where's Greg Hogan nowadays?
He left a few years ago. I believe he's still around Salt Lake somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post
He left a few years ago. I believe he's still around Salt Lake somewhere.
Well, wherever he is, I hope he is doing well.
Old 8th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

I have recently got both the Bricasti M7 and Lexicon PCM96. I must say that I find the PCM96 to have a very cryptic and confusing user interface. Navigating your way through the system presets, machine presets and virtual machines is a maze that you can easily get hopelessly lost in and not know how to get back to listening to a simple preset. I must admit I am not very technically savvy when it comes to musical equipment, but I just got a TC 2290 as well that is not supposed to be that user friendly and I am having a much easier time, especially since the TC manual provides some clear examples that you can work through. Hopefully, I will figure it out one of these days, but I think Lexicon should have provided a more comprehensive manual with some straightforward examples. The M7 interface is much simpler although it doesn't have the effects offered by the PCM96. Both sound extremely good to my ears, but as others have said the realistic spaces created by the Bricasti are exceptional and I prefer the plates as well.
📝 Reply