That classic H3000 vocal preset
Old 24th May 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
519 Micro Pitch Shift is definately the most popular on that unit.
this.
anytime a 3000 is brought it in to our studio it usually boots up with this. also with the 4.0 update on the eclipse brought a crossover preset that can be used.
Old 25th May 2012
teo
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotonic View Post
My understanding is that it's not a myth but a simple setting that was going around back then. I have a friend who worked for Andy Wallace back in the day and he calls it "the Eventide setting" pretty basic: up 2 cents one side, down 2 cents the other, 12ms delay one side, 7ms delay the other, turn it up until you can hear it and then dial it back.
I don't own a H3000 (I wish I did), but I've seen this a lot as an assistant...
Lovely sound...
Old 25th May 2012
Lives for gear

Are there any presets in waves doubler or soundtoys that are close to the original units?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Gearslutz App
Old 26th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeurloo View Post
Are there any presets in waves doubler or soundtoys that are close to the original units?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Gearslutz App
i've actually just been recreating the settings from this post using doubler. sounds alright, might try adding some modulation too.
Old 26th May 2012
Lives for gear

The closest Doubler preset is Doubler EQ'd. Sounds pretty good.
I also attached a preset I did recently. Kinda has a vintage tape flutter to it. Obviously I used it on this mono guitar track that needed to be huge.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jackson Gtr 2012.tfx.zip (1.1 KB, 83 views)
Old 27th May 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeurloo View Post
Are there any presets in waves doubler that are close to the original units?
There is something in the Waves Artist presets for Doubler (downloadable from the website, also already included in the v8) called "Parker Simple Harmonizer" that's really close.
Old 27th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
519 Micro Pitch Shift is definately the most popular on that unit.
It is been 7 years since I asked the question, but yes 519 micro pitch was the answer I was looking for.
Old 27th May 2012
Banned

Well, when I used one in a big studio 20 years ago it was the "pitch correct" preset that was used the most. We would mix the perfect pitch with the original vocal to chorus it and help pull it into perfect tune. I forget the program number....
Old 27th May 2012
Lives for gear

any buddy got the settings for 519 that I can try in doubler? I use to have a h3000 and I remember liking the micropitch shift. I should have kept that thing around. haha
Old 27th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM - Ronan View Post
It is been 7 years since I asked the question, but yes 519 micro pitch was the answer I was looking for.
I'll bet you're glad to wrap that one.
Old 27th May 2012
Lives for gear

Old 28th May 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone try the eventide harmonizer pedal that is out? Looks like it might be decent...wonder if it has the mojo of the big old dog...
Old 6th March 2013
Gear maniac

I know this thread is quite old, but I'm needing some help. I have the eventide factory TDM plug and I'm after the micropitchshift preset setting and magic air preset settings i cant find these in the preset folder so I'm wondering if they have a different name or if anyone knows the settings to make these in the plug
Old 10th November 2014
Gear nut
Eventide H3000 Doubler

Hello! Can anyone tell me if the preset "Vocal Doubler" found in Eventide H3000 is also found in the plugin version? Would be the preset "doubler"?
Old 10th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Hello! Can anyone tell me if the preset "Vocal Doubler" found in Eventide H3000 is also found in the plugin version? Would be the preset "doubler"?
No, it's different unfortunately.

Here's an excert from the Music Radar review of the factory plugin which explains further:

"There are quite a few replica patches from the hardware, but many of the classic algorithms aren't here (Reverb Factory, Reverse Shift, and Layered Shift, for example). So, that means no 'Voc Doubler BC', 'Dual H910s', 'Watery Chorus', 'Big Snare' or 'Crystal Echoes', to name but a few sought-after sounds.

However, all is not lost, as some have been recreated using the multi-faceted Factory algorithms, and you'll find a good vocal doubler ('Tight Dual Shift'), widener ('Phantom Double') and a recreation of the original 'MicroPitchShift'."
Old 11th November 2014
Gear maniac

If anyone is still looking, check out the following website -

SoundToys - Products

The guys who worked on the H3000 made the plugin.

Denny
Old 12th November 2014
Gear nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
No, it's different unfortunately.

Here's an excert from the Music Radar review of the factory plugin which explains further:

"There are quite a few replica patches from the hardware, but many of the classic algorithms aren't here (Reverb Factory, Reverse Shift, and Layered Shift, for example). So, that means no 'Voc Doubler BC', 'Dual H910s', 'Watery Chorus', 'Big Snare' or 'Crystal Echoes', to name but a few sought-after sounds.

However, all is not lost, as some have been recreated using the multi-faceted Factory algorithms, and you'll find a good vocal doubler ('Tight Dual Shift'), widener ('Phantom Double') and a recreation of the original 'MicroPitchShift'."
Thank you, TheBrightSide!

Cheers!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search