The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone tried the PreSonus ADL700 yet ?
Old 8th December 2008
Gear Nut

Anyone tried the PreSonus ADL700 yet ?

After a search on Gearslutz I couldn't find any useful information about the ADL700 except the "new product alert " thread

And nothing on PreSonus site about it , is it out yet ? no one seem to have it ,

Anyone tried it yet ?

Thanks
Old 8th December 2008
Gear Guru

I haven't but I sure hope its better than the 600.
Old 8th December 2008
I found this on Sweetwater's site, there are some details there:

PreSonus ADL 700 | Sweetwater.com
Old 8th December 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
I haven't but I sure hope its better than the 600.
You seem to be in a minority there. I tried the 600 out last week, superb pre. Can do clean and syrupy warm. It's the diamond in the Presonus rough in my opinion. And my experience of it is not an exception, I've only ever heard great things about the 600. Check out Craig Anderton's extremely in depth (as usual!) review on Harmony Central.

The 700 has the exact same preamp as the 600, they just threw a compressor and EQ in with it.
Old 8th December 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Avery View Post
You seem to be in a minority there. I tried the 600 out last week, superb pre. Can do clean and syrupy warm. It's the diamond in the Presonus rough in my opinion. And my experience of it is not an exception, I've only ever heard great things about the 600. Check out Craig Anderton's extremely in depth (as usual!) review on Harmony Central.

The 700 has the exact same preamp as the 600, they just threw a compressor and EQ in with it.
Sorry i guess i am, i liked the 2022 much better and I'm not keen on Avalon products except the 2044.
Old 8th December 2008
I spoke to Rick Naqi from presonus , the 700's won't be available until spring.
All About Tone, sorry but like I said before the ADL 600 blows away the AD 2022 I had both here and couldn't get over how thin the 2022 sounded by comparison.
Old 8th December 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
I had both here and couldn't get over how thin the 2022 sounded by comparison.
no problem, i have owned both and feel the opposite, i guess thats why they make something for everyone, there is one thing we might agree on, the 2022 is built more solid than the presonus, unit wise and price. heh
Peace.
Old 8th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
the 2022 is built more solid than the presonus, unit wise and price.
By "more solid" pricewise you mean more expensive? It's quite a bit more than the Presonus...
Old 8th December 2008
I thought the 2022 looked totally cool, it sounded thinner than every pre in my studio, that's API's, Dakings Focusrites, even the amek 9098 forget about the 600.
The build quality might be great but I didn't care for the sound quality at all, I would have thought it was a bum one, but actually it was a friend of mine's 2022, he also brought a voxbox, which also sounded much better. All About Tone, you got a bum 600. In two separate threads that you knocked this box you have gotten a ton of responses
voicing their disagreement, maybe it's time for you to give it a rest
Old 9th December 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
By "more solid" pricewise you mean more expensive? It's quite a bit more than the Presonus...
good catch.... you are so right, Avalon is sinful high, new.
Old 9th January 2013
Here for the gear

I made this video with a colleague of mine testing the ADL 700: Presounus ADL 700 Channel Strip - First Look and Hands On Demo - YouTube. This is the best sounding preamp from PreSonus in my opinion, I just wished the eqs were full-parametric, otherwise pretty nice. Anyone else played with this thing yet?
Old 9th January 2013
Lives for gear

just finished watching your video a few minutes ago.

Nice presentation and info.

I live in Australia and mine was supposed to be here at end of December.

I really like the tone plus the logical left to right workflow.

I'll use this on my synths, drum machines and vocals to add a little more gain and saturation before going into my Lynx Hilo.

Sculpting the tone before committing to tape or hdd makes sense.

Cheers
Old 9th January 2013
Here for the gear

nop
Old 9th January 2013
Lives for gear

I had to look up what does NOP mean and its an acronym for
Not Our Problem.

So then WIYP.

Cheers
Old 16th February 2013
Gear Maniac
odd

i'm a very happy 600 user. meanwhile: several years ago, presonus announced the adl 700, but it never came out, disappeared into "vapor." now, it's appeared again, and maybe this time they exist. not an opinion (tho i bet it's good), just a little history.
Old 16th February 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, they do exist now. Finally.
Old 16th February 2013
Lives for gear

Helpful video, the comp and EQ are more on the transparent side with a touch of smoothness.
Old 17th February 2013
Lives for gear

An ADL600 has been my "go to" tube pre for 8 years. The build quality is outstanding (military grade) and the power and features are surpassed only by the sonic footprint producing a warm sheen that has a pricy pro studio sound that reminds me of 1950s German U47 radio tube warmth. For the acoustic music I do (Bluegrass and Americana) the vocals, when packaged with good tube mics, have a personal enhancement of a lyric's delivery that can be very special. The ability to tame run away transients with a great analog limiter was an attractive option for me several years ago however the 600 actually has a tube process that limits peaks that most vocalists will generate and for those folks that get too loud for direct capture I now have a UA 4-710d with 1176 limiting and comp. The UA 4-710d is very transparent when left to the main pre however when the tube warmth enhancement is employed it is not in the same class with the ADL600! The ADL700 is a single channel strip with an identical pre to the 600 along with a superb analog comp and EQ. It is less expensive than the 600 and if I was in the 'rock and screaming" business I would buy one in a heart beat.
Hugh
Old 1st September 2016
Lives for gear

Any comments about the 700? Thinking about picking one up.
Old 1st September 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaby987 View Post
Any comments about the 700? Thinking about picking one up.
It is a good value. You will have to buy one used. They are discontinued.
Old 1st September 2016
Lives for gear

I have one. They sound great. High build quality also. The pre is the best part.
Old 1st September 2016
Gear Nut
Last year I ordered 2 when they were on discount. One was broke (I think a tube) the other one had a higher noise level. The pressure of the knobs were also different from eachother, it felt like i had 2 different preamps. Big disappointment, so i returned them.
But great to hear people are happy with them, because they look great and the features are everyting a man need.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search