The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixing into an AMPEX ATR with ATR Tape, It's a pleasure!! Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 29th November 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
Yes, it is a fan, it has a mono speaker down the VU meters that works great for checking balances. It's a great machine, but I must mention that the ATR tape is REALLY good, thanks god they are making tape these days.

Best regards.

delcosmos
I've only mixed one song to the ATR tape, but damn it sounds great. I was at 15ips on a Studer A80 that has decided it needs work...and it still sounded great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaellus View Post
RMGI tape is good as well thats what i have been using when using tape
The RMGI tape sounds good but their consistency issues have really started to piss me off...
Old 30th November 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
thumbsup thumbsup

Nothing like it.

And, once the mix is ready to go to tape, nothing like the feel of sitting back and listening to the reels turn..................the way it should be done.
You are right Mike, it's a great feeling. I really enjoy it, that's the way it should be done for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Both Great machines!
Congrats Syra and Armando!
Thank you RoundBadge!

All the best.

delcosmos.
Old 30th November 2008
Lives for gear

Ahh timely thread, Armando if you would be so kind...

I have an ATR 104 that I'm planning to send to ATR services next week for the complete conversion and upgrade to the 1/2" 2 track, new heads, cosmetics etc.

But price tag on that is approximately 8k. I'm wondering how much it cost for you to do it the other way - just sticking to original spec?
Old 30th November 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kats View Post
I have an ATR 104 that I'm planning to send to ATR services next week for the complete conversion and upgrade to the 1/2" 2 track, new heads, cosmetics etc.
My ATR 102 got the complete ATR Services upgrade.
Money well spent.
It has operated beautifully ever since, never a problem.
Mike Spitz knows these machines like nobody else, great team.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search