The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
versatility of a system 6000
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

versatility of a system 6000

Hi all, I've been doing reading on forums hear and elsewhere and am just curious about the system 6000 a bit further. It seems to have such a high versatility level. And I hear of mastering houses using it quite often, etc.

So for the ill equipped PTHD setup, can this be a valuable bread and butter unit for project studios that need to burn off a quick descent sounding CD... If I can get a good deal on TC products, is this thing a big bargain with it's capabilities, or with the same amount of money can I get better results (in general) with seperate

-stereo eq
-stereo compressor
-hardware L2
-zsys SRC
-reverb4k, eclipse, or KSP8

And if we can skip the whole "a great engineer will make it sound better than ...", "take it into a mastering house","different set of ears" bit, that would be cool, because I know all of that, and I wouldn't do 50% of the things I do if I didn't have to. This is a you're on a desert island with a few things, you need to make it work with what you got, start to finish. I get in situations more often than not, such as tonight, where a vocalist is coming in tonight at 9 to sing over the track and the song has to be mixed, printed, and on someones desk by 8:30AM tommorrow.
Old 25th March 2003
"can this be a valuable bread and butter unit for project studios that need to burn off a quick descent sounding CD.."

Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a nut!

But If I had a cheap deal going with TC, I would try to get one!!!

Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

I used the 6000 specifically with a DAW in 100% mix recall situations for about 2 years. I now use the Kurzweil KSP8 instead.

Both are excellent units. If you need 96K, it´s the 6000 only, since KSP8 tops out at 48K. If 48K tops will cut it for you, I´d definitely set up an audition on both units before buying either. You know, one man´s poison..........

Regards,
Brian T
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally posted by BrianT
I used the 6000 specifically with a DAW in 100% mix recall situations for about 2 years. I now use the Kurzweil KSP8 instead.

Both are excellent units. If you need 96K, it´s the 6000 only, since KSP8 tops out at 48K. If 48K tops will cut it for you, I´d definitely set up an audition on both units before buying either. You know, one man´s poison..........

Regards,
Brian T
Brian, I just got a ksp8 per your recommend, I haven't used it much yet but it sounds great
Do you use yours more as 2 units or 3-4?
Thanks
daniel
Old 25th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Anybody checked out the 4000 ... Is it indeed a 2ch 6000 ? (program wise)

The KSP8 is pretty sweet indeed .. Havn't used it in a mastering capacity yet .. hmmm
Old 22nd October 2009
Gear Nut

TC Reverb 6000 with Stereo Mastering M6000 bundle

This is the System 6000 with both reverb and mastering options enabled. I'll sell it cheap for 7800 center packed and shipped

210-364-8966

Jake

PS i'm also looking for some 2 to 4 great pre's and would consider trading offers up to 1500 dollar credit. I need to net the rest from this bad boy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search