The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
favorite shock and awe gear
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

But I guess the only people that say that have small pencils...
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

When clients walk into the control room they look at the shiny red and green knobs on the Trident, the Westlakes in the wall and say "cool." Then they turn around and say "Wow! That couch is huge! We can all fit on there!" They know what piece of gear they'll spend the bulk of their time using...
When they check out the tracking room they comment on the size, but then the guitar players walk right past the vintage amps to check out the Mesa Boogie Triaxis pre - Simul-class power amp rack. Sometimes I'll leave the lid off and they'll be pulled towards the blue glow of 17 tubes idling like moths to a flame...
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by subspace
...the Mesa Boogie Triaxis pre - Simul-class power amp rack. Sometimes I'll leave the lid off and they'll be pulled towards the blue glow of 17 tubes idling like moths to a flame...
Subspace, that is beautiful, man!
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by littledog
Shock & awe for my clients?

That would have to be my girlfriend!
oooohhh... a girlfriend ... wild.
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by six_wax
oooohhh... a girlfriend ... wild.
Shock and Awe? She's that rancid?heh
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally posted by subspace
When they check out the tracking room they comment on the size, but then the guitar players walk right past the vintage amps to check out the Mesa Boogie Triaxis pre - Simul-class power amp rack. Sometimes I'll leave the lid off and they'll be pulled towards the blue glow of 17 tubes idling like moths to a flame...
I wish I had the Trident or the Triaxis, I do have the boogie studio
.22 with a greenback
The Vipre is another piece of gear that evokes a similar moth to flame phenomenon
daniel
Old 29th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by FOURTHTUNZ
...The Vipre is another piece of gear that evokes a similar moth to flame phenomenon
daniel
Yeah, I just had to stick my Vipre in a rack behind the mix position yesterday. It's much more practical for me to use than in the studio, or freestanding in the CR, but I've lost some shock and awe. The lights on the front are still great, but the tubes are all covered up now. Damn.

Check this out, I may pull the Vipre out of the rack and put it back in the studio and take the cover off, for use as a space heater, and to bring back some S&A.
Old 29th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
Shock and Awe? She's that rancid?heh
Naw... just that stacked!
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

shiny things

everyone likes lots of guitars, vintage gear and fancy mics etc.,
but I'm guessing it's the dog and the swimming pool. Now I've gotta keep the dog out of the pool.
chap
Old 3rd April 2003
Lives for gear

The custom cut TempurPedic futon is the best thing. Those not working just doze off and leave the rest of us to do our damage.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear