The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buzz Audio
Old 13th November 2008
Gear Guru

Buzz Audio

Why doesn't buzzaudio get the love and talk that it needs on GS, the gear is amazing, built perfect and the sound is speechless. Am i blind and don't see threads about this amazing gear. The Elixir is so good i cannot wait to get another one, hands down the best DI i have ever heard and the preamp is a nice flavor with endless gain, works well with any mic.
Old 13th November 2008
Lives for gear

Because Tim makes very forward thinking gear whereas people are really hung up in the "vintage vibe" thing for the time being. Buzz is excellent equipment.

P.S. I'm really looking forward to trying his new EQ.
Old 13th November 2008
Lives for gear

Seems 'character' is more in fashion than 'opulent' and 'mind-blowing'...

I've been singing Tim's praises for a lot of years. I'll never retire my MA 2.2, nor would I hesitate to try any of Tim's products - he makes great gear.

I'm lusting after a Juggernaut or 2, but - gotta hold it in check - too many pre's already (did I say that?!?) and should focus on other things first, but man it's tempting... tutt

How I dream of having the REQ in hand, not to mention the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor!
Old 13th November 2008
Lives for gear

Trying my best here. I´ve typed in the letters "SOC 1.1" in lots of "need a great comp" -threads.
Old 13th November 2008
Lives for gear

I'd like to see Tim build a full blown console using something like the Elixir & Tonic in the channel strips. I bet he would come up with something amazing.
Old 13th November 2008
Gear Guru

This is looking better, im a big fan of vintage gear as well but Tim/ buzz deserves a standing ovation for making a huge mark in the audio industry.
I like most all 500 series but the BUZZ stands alone with its flavor, nothing else sounds like it.
Old 13th November 2008
Current audio fashion is color and dirt.

Lets hope it fades as did disco and afros. I would like to hear the artists again instead of the dirt boxes which seem to be used only for the benefit of the AE's ego.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 13th November 2008
Lives for gear

ive used the potion on many occasions at a local studio and i love it. the studio doesnt have too many other comps so when ive mixed there i usually spend about 1&1/2 - 2 hours just bouncing tracks through the potion (theres only 1 :( )

good stuff. ive been tempted to try the elixir but ive been using my grace101 for so long i think an elixir would be a bit redundant.
Old 13th November 2008
Gear Head

I second that standing ovation..

Buzzzzzzzzz ... zzzz.. zzzz..
Old 13th November 2008
500 series nutjob

when ask i think given what i feel is appropriate i give Tim's gear a big thumbs up, always have, and will!
i recommend the elixir often.
also ( as mentioned many many times ), he make a somekin hot compressor!
Old 14th November 2008
Lives for gear

I don't have any Buzz gear (yet), but I do have the Juggernauts and Revolver rack. Tim and Nathan did a bang up job on those. Quality, quality, quality. Can't wait to see what they come up with next. I can only assume that Tim puts the same attention to detail into his other gear.

Stu
Old 14th November 2008
Lives for gear

Well, I guess you'd have to call me a Buzz slut - 3 ARCs, 3 Potions, REQ2.2 and a pair of Juggernauts. Top of the line stuff, AFAIC - wouldn't make a 'record' without 'em.

Scott
Old 14th November 2008
Lives for gear

and don't forget the Tonic ... the least talked about, most under-rated 500 series EQ on the market. It's pretty much hardwired into all my mixes.

Buzz stuff is top notch!
Old 14th November 2008
Gear Addict

I was fortunate to purchase a MA 2.2 several weeks ago for $1200 plus shipping. The guy I purchased it from was the original owner and was kind enough to offer to hold my money order until I decided to buy it or return it. I got it from a fellow gearslut.

I only had been using the pres in my FF 400 until I got it, so it's my first high end preamp. I did alot of testing, to the point my ears were tired to say the least. What I noticed about it the most, is how accurate it is to the source, no matter what I recorded. I recorded my sax, accordion, accoustic guitar, vocals to name a few. I was also really surprised at how heavy it was for a one rack space unit, it's built like a friggin tank! I totally feel like I made a very good investment. I had to run the pres in my FF 400 at least 8-10 db hotter to have the same levels as the Buzz into Samplitude. The RME wasn't noisy running it hotter though. The main thing I can say about the Buzz, is sweet DETAIL!!

rjacobsen
Old 14th November 2008
Lives for gear

Tim, can you feel the love ?
Old 14th November 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainreduction View Post
Be careful- peeder will think this is a GS hyped up LoveFest !!
Old 14th November 2008
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
Be careful- peeder will think this is a GS hyped up LoveFest !!
sorry but i am LMAO!
peeder as some great input, to bad he as the views he dose: (~
but i am still LMAO!
Old 14th November 2008
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainreduction View Post
dido!
FEEL THE LOVE TIM!!!!!
Old 14th November 2008
Gear Guru

Yea after the thought came to mind i LMAO as well.
Old 14th November 2008
AB3
Lives for gear

You cannot go wrong with Buzz gear. It is built really well and sounds very good.

If I recall correctly. Lynn Fuston of 3daudioinc.com was a main supporter of Buzz getting into America as he loved the pre. On his 3daudio pre comparison CD, the Buzz pre sounds fantastic. Their compressor is also excellent. I have not heard the eq, but I doubt it is anything other than fantastic because Tim is an "audio fanatic" (I mean this in a nice way) and would not let out a mediocre product.
Old 15th November 2008

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, much appreciated, and I am glad to hear there are at least a few people who understand what we are about!

Scott, how are you finding the REQ2.2? (He has only had it a few weeks).

Tim
Old 15th November 2008
Yup I love what Buzz is about.
Old 15th November 2008
Gear Head

Hello all this is my first post on the forum but I've been a viewer of this great place for years. I really love the Buzz gear I have which is the essence and mpe 1.1 eq. I was skeptical when I first got them because I hadn't heard much about them but man the sound is killer. Just wanted to share my appreciation for a company trying to blaze new paths and designing innovative products.
Old 15th November 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitpusher View Post
Hello all this is my first post on the forum but I've been a viewer of this great place for years. I really love the Buzz gear I have which is the essence and mpe 1.1 eq. I was skeptical when I first got them because I hadn't heard much about them but man the sound is killer. Just wanted to share my appreciation for a company trying to blaze new paths and designing innovative products.
Even though you have just been a viewer for years welcome to the GS world, great 1st post. You can really learn a lot with the search button and just reading, glad you chimed in.
Old 16th November 2008
Lives for gear

yea ..the buzz stuff doesn't seem as popular as it should be here. I was looking for an awesome comp and ended up going with the Buzz Soc . It's an awesome comp. I think i may buy another one someday. currently, i'm very interested in the REQ 2.2 eq. I can't seem to find any info from anyone who's used it. it's a new model, so i guess that figures.
Old 17th November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
yea ..the buzz stuff doesn't seem as popular as it should be here. I was looking for an awesome comp and ended up going with the Buzz Soc . It's an awesome comp. I think i may buy another one someday. currently, i'm very interested in the REQ 2.2 eq. I can't seem to find any info from anyone who's used it. it's a new model, so i guess that figures.
If you're in the United States, we have a no obligation demo time period on the REQ 2.2 if you would like to hear it at your studio.
Give me a call personally anytime if you'd like to set that up.
Old 17th November 2008
Lives for gear

Sorry I haven't been able to really put the REQ through its paces yet - I'm just about to start mixing the album we've been tracking since early August. (& I tore apart my outboard racks to reconfigure before mixing started) I'm sure the REQ will get a workout, and I'll be posting about it.

Scott
Old 17th November 2008
Gear Addict

My MA2.2 isn't going anywhere. Try taking it away from me!
Old 18th November 2008
Gear Maniac

Since owning buzz preamps I have made 3 records where everything was tracked through them. I can really hear the vibe that the buzz has imparted to these productions. I can't ever remember tracks sounding so boundlessly huge, panoramic and vivid. I love it.
Old 18th November 2008
Lives for gear

Allabouttone, I knew you would love that Buzz Elixirheh I think my rack is crying without it. Seriously, I will be buying another one back, as soon as, the funds come in. Probably, a pair for that matter.

I'm stoked you are digging it. Keep us posted on how your using it. That will probably just make me buy back quicker. ha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search