The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Buzz Audio
Old 3rd August 2010
  #121
AB3
Lives for gear
 

I can't wait for that new SOC. Any ideas on cost in U.S. dollars?
Old 3rd August 2010
  #122
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB3 View Post
I can't wait for that new SOC. Any ideas on cost in U.S. dollars?
Buzz Audio SOC-20 compressor street price is $2960 USD, estimated ship date TBA.

DPE-20 EQ will be $2850 USD street, shipping TBA.
Old 18th November 2010
  #123
.

A quick rave review of the Buzz Audio Arc 1.1 Channel Strip.

This unit is just UNBELIEVABLE!

Clean, with clear harmonic detail.

The compressor is AMAZING. I'm compressing 30:1 and you can't even hear the compression.

(Unless, you WANT to - then it's there - with the tranny option, etc.).

...I'm tracking vox, e. bass (direct) and ac. gtrs.

Tim Farrant - you're a freeking genius.

This is absolutely DUSTING most gear I've used over the years.

THANK YOU, SIR!

.
Old 18th November 2010
  #124
Question on the Series 20 SOC

Is this just as clean as your standard optic compressor or does it have a little more character?

Thanks
Old 18th November 2010
  #125
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye View Post
.

A quick rave review of the Buzz Audio Arc 1.1 Channel Strip.

This unit is just UNBELIEVABLE!

Clean, with clear harmonic detail.

The compressor is AMAZING. I'm compressing 30:1 and you can't even hear the compression.

(Unless, you WANT to - then it's there - with the tranny option, etc.).

...I'm tracking vox, e. bass (direct) and ac. gtrs.

Tim Farrant - you're a freeking genius.

This is absolutely DUSTING most gear I've used over the years.

THANK YOU, SIR!

.
Hey Skye, Gregory here. We used to talk over at the Animus's place. Good to see some + feedback on Buzz gear. I've been thinking about a pair of Elixer pres. Hope all is well with you. Greg
Old 20th November 2010
  #126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Hey Skye, Gregory here. We used to talk over at the Animus's place. Good to see some + feedback on Buzz gear. I've been thinking about a pair of Elixer pres. Hope all is well with you. Greg
.

Hey Gregory - I hope all's well with you, as well, man! Thanks for the touchbase!

Cheers,
JB


.
Old 20th November 2010
  #127
Lives for gear
Buzz Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye
.

A quick rave review of the Buzz Audio Arc 1.1 Channel Strip.

This unit is just UNBELIEVABLE!

Clean, with clear harmonic detail.

The compressor is AMAZING. I'm compressing 30:1 and you can't even hear the compression.

(Unless, you WANT to - then it's there - with the tranny option, etc.).

...I'm tracking vox, e. bass (direct) and ac. gtrs.

Tim Farrant - you're a freeking genius.

This is absolutely DUSTING most gear I've used over the years.

THANK YOU, SIR!

.
Sorry I can't stop laughing when you said :" I am compressed in 30:1 and you can't even hear a compression" XD ....because that sounds like you got a problem and your compressor just not react at all :D....
I am sure you are trying to say that your compressor working so smoothly and you didn't hear any unwanted alteration or ugly tweak
Old 20th November 2010
  #128
.

Yes, correct of course - sorry for the misphrasing

I assume everyone knows what I'm talking about.

I can hear the signal in all it's glory - with no unwanted artifacts, distortion, pumping, etc.

IOW, the clean compression is unbelievable.

I haven't really used the transistor compression yet.

.
Old 21st November 2010
  #129
Lives for gear
 

Love my buzz soc 1.1, its been permanently in my vocal chain since its purchase

Warning: shameless promotion

FS: Buzz Audio Soc 1.1 Original Box/Manuals
Old 4th December 2010
  #130
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spice house View Post
Love my buzz soc 1.1, its been permanently in my vocal chain since its purchase

Warning: shameless promotion

FS: Buzz Audio Soc 1.1 Original Box/Manuals
Forget it, I just used it on bass and there's no way i can sell it lol. long live buzz. not to mention it sounds twice its price!
Old 2nd January 2011
  #131
.

Sorry, but I gotta rave again.

Direct electric bass, acoustic guitars, vocals - the channel is just incredible.

Best vocal sound I've ever printed. Period.

Same goes for electric bass.

Whole different level.

.
Old 2nd January 2011
  #132
Lives for gear
 
msquared's Avatar
 

I have a pair of Elixirs that I use for many things, though lately they have been stuck on drum overhead duty. They are absolutely fantastic. If I ever sell off my 500 series gear, they will be the last to go.

I had a SOC for a while and will have another at some point (or a pair of Essences). I wish I could afford the ARC! I love Buzz gear and have had very good luck dealing with Tim Farrant when I've had issues.
Old 10th January 2011
  #133
Gear Maniac
 
hams's Avatar
Is there any word on when the DCS-2.2 will see the light of day? Has this been superseded by the SOC-20?
Old 6th February 2014
  #134
Gear Maniac
Bump
Old 9th February 2015
  #135
TRW
Lives for gear
 
TRW's Avatar
Just banged up a review of the wonderful Essence compressors.

Stereo pair. 6 years to try more than 1 of 'em. A pair is disgustingly good. :-)

Buzz Audio Essence

-T
Old 10th February 2015
  #136
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Just banged up a review of the wonderful Essence compressors.

Stereo pair. 6 years to try more than 1 of 'em. A pair is disgustingly good. :-)

Buzz Audio Essence

-T
Nice review!
Old 9th April 2015
  #137
Gear Nut
 
stu2's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Just banged up a review of the wonderful Essence compressors.

Stereo pair. 6 years to try more than 1 of 'em. A pair is disgustingly good. :-)

Buzz Audio Essence

-T
You have any vocals recored with the Essence you can post?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump