The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
-18 or -16 digital ref level?
Old 23rd March 2003
Lives for gear

now that's really interesting.
hmmm, that's got me thinking now. that's a great piece of insight that we should all take into consideration.
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

looks like I am going to have to try that on my next session.. anything I can do to help these 888s is welcome!
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

Hey John- Nice to see you around.

You've actually hit one of my pet peeves. I run at -16 or -14. That way a reasonable, normal level out of a piece of equiment goes into the computer with a solid waveform I can zoom in on when editing and a meter reading that is in the sweet spot of detail. And on the way back out I'm not running my faders way down low. Basic unity gain in a rock environment.

I'm also with Bob on the sound tip. I don't like to run any convertors at -18, but especially the 888's, because they just don't like to run that hot. For that matter, not much gear loves getting hit at +22 all day.
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by robdarling
Basic unity gain in a rock environment.

Hey Rob --

How's everything? I will credit you every time I use this phrase...

Cheers,
John
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

Things will be great as long as you return my licensing agreement before using my lines. Otherwise I will sue you ass for everything you have. Yes, I have very good lawyers. Yes. No.

Anyway...

To answer your question, they go much as they have for almost a year now- still very slowly inching forward on the projects I'm committed to. All great stuff, learning as always, but patience has had to become the way of being instead of an occasionally applied principle. Suck. Otherwise, keeping the wolves away and somehow managing to trick people into giving me money to hang around in studios and screw around with gear. Beats a real job.

email me and tell me what's up in your world.

later, rob
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear