The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
It's here!! (atomic squeezebox content)
Old 19th March 2003
Lives for gear

It's here!! (atomic squeezebox content)

I haven't had time to really fuck with this thing at all yet, but let me just say... this is one beautiful piece of equipment. On the website, the pictures make it look fairly neat, but in reality, this is one sexy squeezebox. ;-) I'm looking forward to putting it through the grinder on my out of control voice and the mix of a fellow gearslutz forumite ;-) I will give a full report in about a week!
Old 19th March 2003
Lives for gear

Yeah, you go BattleAngel!

Squeeze that box...
Old 19th March 2003
Lives for gear

I've been so slutty this week. In addition to the Squeezebox, I'm taking a delivery of a Neuman m149 (that I'll probably turn right around).
Old 21st March 2003
Here for the gear

Yeah how is that puupy?
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

BA, what is the report on the Squeezebox?
Did you take slippermans advice and spank the signal really hard?
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

Still working with it, I'm not a fulltime commercial facility owner (mostly created for myself, and people 'in the fold', as well as their developing artists) so don't have the opportunity to test my stuff on other people's material as often as the rest of you guys might.

But yeah... holy shit.

In an eMail to me re: this unit, fletcher said one nice use of the box was making a room sound nine times as large. I have to agree. On mono drums, look out. What is usually a passable sound for really really quick demos to get ideas down to tape has transformed into a massive sound that with some adjusting and a little enhancement from other mics could easily be used on an album track. You can get a very unique and noticable sound when you want it, or squash the hell out of a vocal and practically not miss a second of dynamics.

So far, I'm impressed. Other tube compressors I've owned/tried are the Avalon 737, 747, 2044, and some other relatively high end (read: not prosumer) stuff. While that pales in comparison to the experience of many other of us forumites, I've been on the other side of the glass in sessions where anything from a chandler to a manley to a crane song was used. I can say that, to my ears, the squeeze box stacks up well to most of these, and absolutely devours the other ones. I'm happy so far. I was supposed to sit in on a forumite's mix using this box on vocals, but not sure what's happening with that! (if you are reading this, eMail me re: the mix and the CD!). If anyone else in the NY area wants to give this thing a going over, let me know =)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear