The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EMT reverbs ..? Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 18th August 2012
Old 26th November 2012
Here for the gear

I have a 246. I used to smoke a lot in the studio, so this fantastic space-remote (246S) didn't work properly anymore.
Awesome technology even inside the remote. After cleaning it worked like new again.
About the sound: just wonderful. The 250 algo is the best.
I also have a 240 which i also love. Awweeesome !!! But if a had to sell one i would keep the 246 !
Just bought a 244. Curious how it sounds...

The 246 has pre-delay, while the 240 not and the 244 also not i believe.
i use to have a Yamaha REV-1 in front of the 240 to do pre-delays.
Old 26th November 2012
Lives for gear

The 244 is cool too. Simple but nice. I think it is the 250 alg on that, but not sure.
I had one ad a 245.
The 246 is on a different planet though!
Old 27th November 2012
Lives for gear

I have Mr. Morley´s 140 stereo. it needed some minor work but hell it sounds so good. The only problem is that you might use too much of it. It sits so well in the mix that after some time mixing you stop noticing it. the digital reverbs i´ve tried (to be honest those weren´t the upperclass units like the m7 etc.) didn´t glue so well. There was the source and the reverb. The 140 fits like a glove. I like darker reverb so i mostly use a space echo for predelay.
the only real drawback is the motor. it´s a little noisy so come final mixdown you have to plug it out.
Old 28th November 2012
Gear Nut

I have one EMT 240 of 1974 in perfect aesthetic and functional conditions (almost new) and I love.
Full Warm and 3D.
FOR ME, The sound is much better than any other algorithmic or impulses reverb. Perfect in this digital and plastic era.
Ideal for Voices and Drums
Old 28th November 2012
Lives for gear

I used 'em on albums, 250 and 251 . . neat for effect, but not as a replacement for real ambiance, or even a good plate.
Old 28th November 2012
Lives for gear

Contrary to others in this thread I'm not a big fan of the 240 on vocals and drums (unless I'm after that spooky, tanky vibe) but it absolutely KILLS on electric guitars, rhodes, wurly... those kinds of sounds.

I think of it as the lushest spring reverb ever
Old 28th November 2012
Here for the gear

I agree that the 240 works great on Rhodes. I would say it's the perfect match together :-)
But really nothing will beat the 240 on trumpet or horn !!! The metallic character of the 240 brightens up, thickens them and adds extra harmonics on the hard transients. That's the typical 1970's brass sound, i loooove.
@Outlaw Hans: is it the tube or transistor amp in your 140 ?
Old 28th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochri View Post
@Outlaw Hans: is it the tube or transistor amp in your 140 ?
Stereo transistor version
Old 28th November 2012
Gear Guru

I prefer the clarity of the martinsound amp to the tube version.
Especially for denser mixes
I also have a pair of daking or API 560 eqs on the returns for overall tone shaping
Old 28th November 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochri View Post
I agree that the 240 works great on Rhodes. I would say it's the perfect match together :-)
But really nothing will beat the 240 on trumpet or horn !!! The metallic character of the 240 brightens up, thickens them and adds extra harmonics on the hard transients. That's the typical 1970's brass sound, i loooove.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search