The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Original Groove Tubes Model 1. Whats it worth????
Old 23rd October 2008
Here for the gear

Original Groove Tubes Model 1. Whats it worth????

Hey everyone. I have an original groove tubes Model 1 mic. In perfect condition and looking to sell. I bought it directly from a groove tube rep in the early nineties and it has a serial number of 438. Im having trouble getting an idea of what its worth. I can find the re-issues all day, but cant find any info about the original. Even contacted GT directly and they were no help. Any thoughts?????? Thanks!
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

$500-$750, depending on how badly someone wants one. They seem to be hit or miss on resale. I bought a MD2 for $250 w/o the power supply. I paid $650 for a MD6 with power supply and other goodies.
Old 24th October 2008
Here for the gear

wow! good to know. speaking of the power supply, its a beast! capable of powering 4 mics. at the time I bought it, it was the only one the rep had to offer. would this make it worth more?
Old 24th October 2008
Lives for gear
Those numbers look about right. I don't know if the supply makes it all that more valuable because most mics have a supply anyway.

In that era GT made a DI called the ditto box that also ran off of that supply. I've been looking for one for ages.

Its a cool mic by the way. You might want to use a bit before you decide to sell it.
Old 24th October 2008
Gear Maniac

I own a Groove Tubes Ditto & it is self powered, plugs right into the wall. I don't know what product you are talking about, but it isn't the Ditto.
Old 24th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffmo View Post
In that era GT made a DI called the ditto box that also ran off of that supply. I've been looking for one for ages.
I have two of those DI's and indeed they are amazing.
Also have 2 GT1's, one or two GT2's, two GTEQ1e's and two GTMp1's. Of course with the big (4x) Power Supply.
I might consider any reasonable offer.

Fredo
Temple Of Tune
Belgium
Old 24th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVD View Post
$500-$750, depending on how badly someone wants one. They seem to be hit or miss on resale. I bought a MD2 for $250 w/o the power supply. I paid $650 for a MD6 with power supply and other goodies.
Mostly I've seen MD1s sell on the lower end of that. Typically $400-500. Every now and then an e-bay auction will run higher, so it is variable. I paid $400 for mine a couple years ago. I think Sounds Great got a real deal on one last year, together with an MP-1, for a total of $400 or so. I've got an MD1a and an MD3, 2 MP-1s and 2 EQ-1s. The pres and EQs all run off the same kind of power supply. Having the 4 banger supply is good if you have more units to play with (or if you bought one without a power supply). Great gear and well worth the money. The Dittos I have (I've got 2) have built in power supplies and take just the standard removable power cord.
Old 26th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Also have 2 GT1's, one or two GT2's, two GTEQ1e's and two GTMp1's. Of course with the big (4x) Power Supply.
I might consider any reasonable offer.

Fredo
Temple Of Tune
Belgium
I know rhis is sn old post but I am looking for one of the early versions of the GT1 with tube mic. Would love to find one here. You seem to know a lot about these, can you help me out with what the defferences were as they changed versions? 1, 1a, 1b, MA1, etc...? Thanks so much!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search