The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Neumann M582 with M58 capsule
Old 17th October 2008
Gear Maniac

Neumann M582 with M58 capsule

Frend gave me this mic without PSU...almost like new,in the box...where I can find one psu?
Any one have some info about this mic? How does it sounds? How does it compares with modern mics?
Thanks!
Goran Stojiljkovic
Old 17th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splico View Post
Frend gave me this mic without PSU...almost like new,in the box...where I can find one psu?
Any one have some info about this mic? How does it sounds? How does it compares with modern mics?
Thanks!
Goran Stojiljkovic
Peter Drefahl
freenet.de - DSL Internet E-Mail Nachrichten Chat Shopping und alle aktuellen Themen
drefahlaudio microphone repair and reskinning service

I have one of Peter's power supplies for a 582, works great.

I have a couple M58 - small diaphragm omni cap. I've used it for acoustic guitar (little bright for me), on the sound board of an upright piano (great!) and as a room mic pair (worked well) and in a stairwell for a reverb capture (sounded cool). I've never had any other tube SDC's then the 582, so I can't compare it to much else. I love the 582 bodies, though like a lot Gefell these days (at least on US Ebay), the prices outstrip what the market is willing to pay.
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Maniac

I have one with the original PSU.
I think it's a great mic.
Used in on my Martin HD28 and got the best ever sound. The lack of proximity effect with the omni capsule cut out the boominess.
It also sounds pretty good on vocals.
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Maniac

Photo

Some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann M582 with M58 capsule-dscf0429.jpg   Neumann M582 with M58 capsule-dscf0435.jpg   Neumann M582 with M58 capsule-dscf0432.jpg   Neumann M582 with M58 capsule-dscf0436.jpg  
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Maniac

price?

Anyone knows what is worth?
Old 18th October 2008
Lives for gear

I wouldn't pay more then $400-$450 for a body with m58 and no power supply as long as it was in the US so I could deal with the seller over any issues.
Old 26th August 2016
old thread. (sorry for necro, but I'm researching these) beautiful mic! did you use it?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search