The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Limp bizkit drum sound Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 4th October 2008
Gear Nut

Limp bizkit drum sound

Hi all. By no means are Limp Bizkit a band I wish to emulate BUT Terry Date did an unbelievable job on production for the recording of Chocolate Starfish. Anyone have any idea how he got that drum sound? Snare and kick mainly?? I've googled to no avail. It's an incredible drum sound. Especially that snare. WOW
Old 5th October 2008
SRS
Lives for gear

John Otto had a lot to do with it. He may have used an Orange County vented snare on that album, but I am not positive. I know he has had a number of snares made by them. I saw one that they were building for him at the OCDP drum shop prior to that album being tracked. I have 2 of their snares and a full set. That signature snare crack is pretty typical of a OCDP vented snare with seriously reinforced inner hoops.

All speculation on my part though.
Old 6th October 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS View Post
John Otto had a lot to do with it. He may have used an Orange County vented snare on that album, but I am not positive. I know he has had a number of snares made by them. I saw one that they were building for him at the OCDP drum shop prior to that album being tracked. I have 2 of their snares and a full set. That signature snare crack is pretty typical of a OCDP vented snare with seriously reinforced inner hoops.

All speculation on my part though.
Yeah I figure his groove and how hard he is hitting has added to it. Will try and scrounge up some more info on production of that record. Every recording I've heard with orange county drums and a good drummer behind them has sounded heavy as. Snow Capped Romance by 36 Crazyfists is one that pops to mind. Cheers for the info if only speculation
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search